Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Monsters special traits as a token action or dm macro.

Hi,  is there any way to display a monsters special traits from the stat block as a token action or macro? Actions I can do, but I dont seem to find a solution for this one.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
What character sheet are you using?
5th Edition OGL by Roll20
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.  I don't think there is an easy way to do that.  You could likely build a macro that would do it for a selected token something like: /w gm &{template:default}{{name=@{selected|character_name} Traits}}{{@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_desc} }} But you have no way of knowing how many traits there are, so you'd need to construct something with enough rows to show all of them: /w gm &{template:default}{{name=@{selected|character_name} Traits}}{{ @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_desc} }}{{ @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_name}=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_desc} }}{{ @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_name}=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_desc} }}{{ @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_name}=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_desc} }}{{ @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$4_name}=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$4_desc} }}{{ @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$5_name}=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$5_desc} }}{{ @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$6_name}=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$6_desc} }}{{ @{selected|repeating_npctrait_$7_name}=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$7_desc} }} &{noerror} but you'll end up with a bunch of raw output for characters with fewer entries:
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There are definitely ways to handle it with the API, a Pro Subscriber Perk, but nothing exists in the OGL to do it for you as far as I know.
I tried repeating_npc_trait_§0 ...so close Thank you!
Ill just make them Token Actions in the NPC sheet and change it by hand
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You could setup several macros like: #TokenTraits1 #TokenTraits2 etc, which contain 1, 2, 3, etc rows of traits.  Then have the Ability on the Token call the macro with the right number of traits.  That way you can easily change the presentation later without having to edit every character.
The I would have to remember how many they have. So I had to look into the sheet. The exact thing I try not have to I guess there is no way around. I had to update many tokens either way *sigh* But one question left: Is there a list of those attribute names like "npctrait" for the OGL sheet I can look up?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There is some information here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#</a>... However, it's likely outdated (the curse of documentation. =/ ).&nbsp; The most reliable method of finding them is to use the Developer tools in Chrome (or Firefox).&nbsp; Open a character sheet, right click the box you want to know about and click "Inspect". Hope that helps
great, you are the best!