Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting problem

Edited 1529363598
Browser and extensions - Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.87 (64-bit) Ex: Adblock Plus, Adobe Acrobat, Express VPN for Chrome, GoogleDocs Offline, Video Download Helper Problem persists with extensions and antivirus turned off Hello I am new to DL and am having a problem with it. I did a search for my issue, but cannot find my problem. Random areas of the map that should be visible are getting cut off from visibility for no apparent reason.  The picture below shows GM view.  The next picture is players' view. A whole section of the room to the left of the token is not showing, as well as the area labelled 20 to the right where the portcullis is. Also, only a tiny section of the room labelled 21 will show. It doesn't matter where I move the token. Here, for reference, is a picture of my DL lines. Thanks! Mica

Edited 1529363463
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
If you are using  fog of war , make sure you are revealing all the areas you want the player's to see.
Yeah, I checked that. There's no fog of war. 

Edited 1529365727
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That is strange... Does the view change if you use CTRL+L on the player's token vs logging in as a player? It's also strange to see shadows in your last image on the DL layer.  I don't think I've ever seen that. (actually I never tested the view from a token while on the DL layer, but I have now...)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think I can see the problem. The selected token is casting the light, but the sightlines in player view indicate that the vision is being provided by a token far to the "north". No blocked sight lines are radiating from the selected token. This is different from the GM view, where line of sight is being figured from the selected token.
Ah, I got it! It took me a while to figure out what you meant, but I did not have the "has sight" box checked in the token to the south, so it was acting just as a light source for the player in the north. Thanks!!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Whew. I wondered if I was explaining it right. It's a bit of a quirky sitatuation.