Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Public Token Action Buttons

Edited 1529367431
GM Michael
API Scripter
There have been several times in my campaign when players have wanted to help me offload some of the DM work (managing damage, looting bodies, etc), but they can't without me giving them control of enemy unit tokens.  What I propose is the following: token action buttons that show up when you select a token, even if it isn't yours.  This could also work well for interactable objects in the game by letting players use an interface or button to do something in the world without needing my input. For my present work on the CashMaster script, I'm adding invoice/approval forms so something that would allow players to invoice damage to a creature they hit and I approve would be faster in many cases than me trying to manually do damage for each of them.

Edited 1529387974
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think you would need a strange level of permission. You'd need to be able to affect a token you don't control? What would be able and not able to do with it? How would you determine that a player could change hit points on something without you knowing? Could they move it? What permissions are you proposing granting them? Just targeting tokens and performing an action on them might be possible with the API, but it sounds like you have an idea for that.

Edited 1529392145
GM Michael
API Scripter
Well, for what I'm suggesting, the only thing you'd be able to do would be use the token action buttons that the actual owner of the token had stipulated as public.  They couldn't change them or add new ones, only use the ones that are already there. Certainly, with the API, you can target tokens you don't own, and while that can work out alright for PC tokens, random mook NPC tokens are often not so simple to target.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .