Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about buying the WotC content.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm heavily considering buying the WotC content from the Marketplace, but I have a question that might seem obvious. Do these supplements and other books come with spells that go into the compendium on the Roll20 site? Or is it just tokens/stat-lines/etc, Thanks in advance!
Today they do not. The current Compendium for 5e contains only SRD content. When you buy a supplement, it comes with the NPCs with fully filled out character sheets, tokens, background information and artwork. However, spells, feats, archetypes, racial traits, etc. that are outside of the scope of the SRD are not in the Compendium....Yet. There's a lot of interesting stuff happening RIGHT NOW over in the Pro forums with the Charactermancer coming soon. It has me quite excited about a future where these things will be there.

Edited 1529428459
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
At this time, the 5th Edition Compendium contains the SRD for everyone but the following puchasables are integrated into the Compendium. Monster Manual Volo's Guide to Monsters.  As Jeremy stated, there is lots of interesting things happening so keep an eye out for announcements. Modules and Addons are self contained purchasables. Modules are used as the basis of a game and contain everything that the physical item has. Addons can be added into any existing game and contain everything that the physical item has. For Modules and Addons the contents are usually maps, tokens, journals, and handouts, along with dynamic lighting or other specific subscription based enhancements if the owner of the purchased item is a subscriber.
Oh okay, thanks guys! I appreciate it. I hope one day they come out soon as Jeremy said. I'm slowly looking to buy all of the books, so I'm starting with Monster Manual and Volo's. I know Pat, that you said they're already integrated, but I want those fancy tokens and filled out sheets. I'll keep looking towards the coming weeks/months for more information dropping. Would be awesome if they released the SCAG. Thanks!