Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sneak Attack + Bleed

Edited 1529391966
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm just starting to use Roll20. I'm running a Pathfinder game and I've been using this sneak attack macro just fine: [[ ?{Sneak?|No,0|yes,1}*[[ [[ ceil((@{class-1-level}) / 2) ]]d6 ]] ]] The thing is I want to add 4 points of Bleed damage to every sneak attack damage, could someone help me with that? Thanks
So, this looks like it is part of a larger overall macro.  If you could post that, I am sure better advice could be given.  My gut feeling is you could include a second query with exactly the same question, but the outputs being either a blank or " and 4 bleed damage" as text, at a different part of your macro.  When the parser runs your macro, it will only ask the query once (assuming you make it the same) and use the answer for both instances of the query.
That's all that i'm using (I found the macro in the roll20 wiki). As I said, I really don't know much about macros.
OK, then you might try a macro like this: [[ ?{Sneak?|No,0|yes,1}*[[ [[ ceil((@{class-1-level}) / 2) ]]d6 ]] ]] ?{Sneak?|No, damage|yes, and 4 bleed damage} Although I am pretty sure there are even better ways to do this.  Not knowing what exactly you are doing, nor what character sheet your game uses to have that particular level field in it, I can offer no real guarantees though.
Nope, didn't work.

Edited 1529397979
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello try [[ ?{Sneak?|No,0|yes,1}*[[ ( 4+ [[ ceil((@{class-1-level}) / 2) ]]d6 ]] ) ]] don't know if all () and [[]] are necessary but :)
OK, so, because I dont know how exactly you are using this, and what sheets you are using, and what errors you are getting - I dont think I can fix your macro to do what ever it is that it is currently doing for you.  Personally, I'd just write a different macro entirely, and only execute this macro when I was actually sneak attacking, and get rid of the query all together. [[3d6]] sneak attack damage and 4 bleed damage Lovely and simple.
I`m using the macro at the extra non-crit damage tab of the attack, but none of these seem to work properly.

Edited 1529433125
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Diego H. said: I`m using the macro at the extra non-crit damage tab of the attack, but none of these seem to work properly. Sounds like you are using the PF Community sheet.  The sheet and rpg is an important bit of information to convey since there are 101 ways to skin an orc. When you say " ...none of these seem to work properly. ", what exactly is happening?  Are you getting a prompt when you attack? The thing is I want to add 4 points of Bleed damage to every sneak attack damage, could someone help me with that? [[ ?{Sneak?|No,0|yes,1}*[[ [[ ceil((@{class-1-level}) / 2) ]]d6 + 4 ]] ]] The above macro should work for that.  Is the +4 a flat bonus or is it based off of an attribute?
The character has a +1 for every d6 of sneak attack, in this case 4d6.

Edited 1529438937
I tried this macro but I think it automatically added the 4 points to the sneak attack damage. Is there a way for it to appear separately? As in XX damage + 4 Bleed. Thanks for all the help, guys. EDIT: I'm using the PF Community sheet.

Edited 1529441053
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Also note that the macro in your example is using the 2nd class (classes start at 0) meaning the actual attribute you probably want,(unless you are multi-classing) should be "@{class-0-level}" unless this macro is actually being used for the 2nd class.  Which it is. ;-)   I've adjusted the macro below to use the 1st class used on the sheet and changed the +1 bleed per d6 of damage for Bleeding Attack.  And I made them into two separate lines in your macro.  Use this. Extra non-crit Dmg [[ ?{Sneak?|No,0|yes,1}*[[ [[ ceil((@{class-1-level}) / 2) ]]d6 ]] ]] [[ ?{Sneak?|No,0|yes,1}*[[ [[ ceil((@{class-1-level}) / 2) ]]*1 ]] ]] Type: Sneak Bleed .
Yeah, I am using the second class. This time the macro worked. Thank you very much, Vince! On a related note, is there a way to add another drop down (query?) for an item that could be used to give the character another 1d6 of sneak damage? Something like: Sneak attack? yes or no Ring of swarming stabs? yes or no
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Diego H. said: Yeah, I am using the second class. This time the macro worked. Thank you very much, Vince! On a related note, is there a way to add another drop down (query?) for an item that could be used to give the character another 1d6 of sneak damage? Something like: Sneak attack? yes or no Ring of swarming stabs? yes or no Cool.  I'll update my macro above. You can add as many extra damage and attack modifiers macros as you like.  You can add another line of extra non-crit dmg [[ ?{Ring of Swarming Stabs|no,0|yes,1}*d6 ]]
Something happened because now it won't work... :(
Ok, I'll try to explain what is happening. Everything works fine the first time that I roll an attack, but if I try again I just get the "Sneak?" question over and over again and nothing happens.
Nevermind, it started working again. Thanks again, Vince.
The macro is working but unless i'm missing something, one extra sneak attack is popping up in my dual wield attack. What could be causing this? Here's the macro i'm using in the extra damage tab: [[ ?{Sneak Attack?|No,0|yes,1}*[[ [[ ceil((@{class-1-level}) / 2) ]]d6 ]] ]] [[ ?{Anel de Enxame de Punhaladas?|no,0|yes,1}*d6 ]] [[ ?{Sneak Attack?|No,0|yes,1}*[[ [[ ceil((@{class-1-level}) / 2) ]]*1 ]] ]] And here is the macro for the attack: &{template:pf_attack} @{toggle_attack_accessible} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-dual}}} {{font=@{apply_specfont_chat}@{use_specfont}}} {{scroll_desc=@{scroll-desc}}} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=@{name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs>[[ @{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_crit-target} ]] + [[@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_attack_macro} ]] + @{attack-mod} ]]}} {{damage=[[@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_damage-die} + @{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_damage_macro} ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_attack_macro} ]] + @{attack-mod} ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ @{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_damage-dice-num} * (@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_crit-multiplier} - 1) ]]d@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_damage-die} + ((@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_damage_macro} ) * [[ @{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_crit-multiplier} - 1 ]]) ]]}} {{precision_dmg1=@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_precision_dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg1_type=@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_precision_dmg_type}}} {{critical_dmg1=@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_critical_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg1_type=@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_critical_dmg_type}}} {{weapon_notes=@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_notes}@{repeating_weapon_-len5k1ky9evxukjvwaj_notes}}} {{vs=@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_vs}}} {{vs@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_vs}=@{repeating_weapon_-len679llezrqyr-zkhw_vs}}} {{precision_dmg2=@{global_precision_dmg_macro}}} {{precision_dmg2_type=@{global_precision_dmg_type}}} {{critical_dmg2=@{global_critical_dmg_macro}}} {{critical_dmg2_type=@{global_critical_dmg_type}}} {{dual_precision_dmg=@{precision_dmg_macro}}} {{dual_precision_dmg_type=@{precision_dmg_type}}} @{iterative_attacks} @{macro_options} {{attack1name=@{iterative_attack1_name}}}

Edited 1529457714
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
In regards to strange prompt behavior.; if you happen to use popped out characters, you might miss certain prompts.  Not sure if that applies... Extra damage; That's strange.  Is that extra damage happening every time?  Just on a dual wield attack?
Just the dual wield.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not sure.  I would try deleting the dual wield attack and re-creating it.

Edited 1529474302
It worked! Thanks again, Vince.