Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Persona Tabletop

Hello Roll20,  I am currently in the process of completing a system I've designed for a persona tabletop, and am looking for one more person to take part in the game. I've had a bit of experience with creating tabletop systems, with my first attempt being a Danganronpa system (A bit over complicated due to the number of players, but overall a fun experience.) This one should prove to me much more straightforward, as there isn't much secret info, and I can actually have character development.  I already have 3 other players who can play regularly, and we are still looking into a time slot. If you are unsure of what persona is and wish to know, it is half high school life simulator, half dungeon crawler game. The persona games can be played on the PS3 and PS4, and I'd highly recommend checking them out.  Now, as for this tabletop game. I've done my best to recreate the feel of the console games, while still allowing for quick play. Combat should be much quicker and more frequent than most other tabletop games, similar to the console games. There are a few differences from the real ones that should be mentioned. For example, each player will only have one persona they will design from the start. While you will eventually be able to upgrade them, it will still only be one persona. This was due to how you would basically be managing multiple character sheets if you used multiple persona's, and would make things over complex. For the same reason, there is no capturing new personas or fusing new ones either. I know some people may be turned off due to those changes, but that is simply how it is. The most obvious change, however, is that you will be working with other players to decide on what you should do next, there are no leaders here, everyone gets a say.  You will also be able to create social links with NPCs, as well as your player teammates, and will also have to balance your high school life with your persona life. Each school day you will have 2 time slots to preform various actions, and on weekends you will have 3. This time will be used to prepare for the next persona phase, improve social links, or improve your own high schooler's stats.  I am currently in EST time, but that may change based on where I eventually get a job. The plan currently is to try and play twice a week for 3 hours each. This is shaping up to be a lengthy campaign, but it should be a lot of fun too. On that note, the group of people I've already got to play are a good mix of people. Some are a bit crazy (the fun kind, think deadpool), others are the straight man of the group, but they all are excited to get behind this system, and I've played with the three of them for years, so they won't just suddenly drop out. If you are interested or have any questions, feel free to put them here. If you are interested in joining, please also post the following info: 1. Your age (I'd prefer 18+ simply so we don't have to work around eating with your parents so something similar, but I'll look at anyone regardless of age). 2. The type of player you are and the type of character you like to run. (There are no classes per se, but you can build your persona to take on the roll of magic user, bruiser, healer, support, etc based on the skills you choose for it.)  3. The days that work for you: we currently have no start date, but we want to try and do two 3 hour sessions a week if possible.  4. Anything else I should know about you as a person. All of us are here because we want to have a good time and/or are fans of the persona series. I would like a little bit of information to ensure you are the type of player would will work well with our group. 5. Any questions for me on the game. This game is of my own design, so that means there may be a few things that are still being perfected, and even changed mid-game to fix some issues. If you are uncertain about joining a game like that, please ask me and I'll do what I can to alleviate your doubts. One last thing, I may only need one player, but there is a chance that I have additional players join mid-campaign similar to the persona games, so if you are interested in that, or you don't get the one slot but want to be on a waiting list, just ask and I'll get back to you whenever possible. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you all!
1. 25 2. I prefer magic like Personas like Jack Frost or Rangda.  3. Not really anything planned far as I know. 4. I'm autistic and slightly deaf so I do tend to take things seriously when people are joking...  5. Will it be psychologically focused in terms of plot like Persona 5 and 4? Or more like P3 where psychology is a main thing in the series but the bosses not so much. 
1. 23 2. I typically play some sort of wizard in most games, but with this one I'm looking to use one of 2 characters I made for another Persona game depending on the party you have already. One is a sort of support/debuff character, while the other is more physical/gun based. 3. Saturday and Friday are fairly open, I can manage a very early Sunday game. 4. I am admittedly kind of plain. I write a few stories (both fanfiction and non), but I feel I should warn you I have a low tolerance for Chaotic Stupid tendencies. I've... had to deal with those sorts of players one too many times. 5. Is this a text based or voice game? 

Edited 1529433492
Ah, I suppose I forgot to mention. As of right now we plan to use discord to talk during game with character dialogue being text based. I don't require anyone to actually use a mic, but you'll need to be in the call to at least hear me should i need to explain something quickly. As for the plot I can reveal at this time, the game will take place with persona's showing up in an online game called the nexus, basically another version of real life where people can be what they want and do what they want. You could be a baker, an assassin, a merc, or even a politician. You can even earn real money in the game. The Nexus should seem familiar if anyone's ever read Ready Player One or seen the movie, just with one world instead of thousands. 

Edited 1529478851
Looks like I am a bit late to the party, but I'll take a reserved list spot if possible. 1. 24 2. I generally prefer aggressive play styles, anywhere between Tank, Brusier, and DPS. That's not to say my characters are that way personality wise. I generally like my characters to be more calm and collected outside of combat. 3. Weekdays would work fine for me. Sadly my weekends are already busy with other games of 5e.(bi-weekly games, but makes it really hard to work in new sessions) 4a. I am a big fan of persona, having played 3, and completed both 4 & 5. If I had to pick a character that best fits me in playstyle, I would say Makoto.  Collected but Fierce. 4b. I can get a bit wishy-washy during character creation, rethinking my character concepts over and over. Once my character is finished I am fine, and won't ask to change anything, just expect my character creation process to be a bit slower. The trade off is, my characters are generally very well thought out, and interesting. 5. Would you be willing to share your system even if I don't get selected to play? I would love to see how it would work. 6*. I have discord and a mic *edit