Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Delete folder and all its contents?

Just tried deleting a folder to remove clutter.  The folder was deleted but all the contents were simply added to the root level of folders.  This is undesired behavior.  How do I delete a folder and ALL of its contents?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I could probably write you an API script that would remove anything that was in a folder if the folder is removed. Aside from that, it's not currently feature of the UI, as far as I know.
The Aaron said: I could probably write you an API script that would remove anything that was in a folder if the folder is removed. Aside from that, it's not currently feature of the UI, as far as I know. Thanks, if it's fast and easy I will gladly accept.  Otherwise, I'll write it myself. EDIT:  This is pretty basic and universal folder behavior, Roll20 should already do this =)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To be fair, the interface tells you that this is what will happen just before you commit. My guess is that the intent is to reduce the chance of accidental mass deletion of data, since there is no Undo feature.