Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat Buttons to call Abilites on same character

DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I think that I have confused myself, like usual.  I have a character sheet that has its own roll template. I want to keep all output in that format, so I have copied the code for the attacks using the up arrow in the chat box. Pasted them into my characters ability tab. They work perfect. Now I want to make a chat button I can press to call them (so that I can keep the actual character sheet clean, and only open it for emergencies). The script below works to make the buttons, they look like all the examples I have found, etc.  I hit the button and I get the error shown in the image at the end of this post. Script for chat button (cut down for simplicity and testing) /w Blioux &{template:sotdl} {{title=Attack Options}} {{description=**Venomous Bite** [Agility](~Blioux|VBA) [Will](~Blioux|VBW) [Intellect](~Blioux|VBI) **Other**}} Ability (saved on sheet as VBA)  @{Blioux |output_option} &{template:sotdl} @{Blioux |setting_show_name} {{title=Venomous Bite - Agility}} {{showroll=@{Blioux |agility_mod}}} {{roll-label=^{ATTACK}}} {{roll=[[@{Blioux |die_attack} + @{Blioux |agility_mod} + [[@{Blioux |boons_banes_query} + 0 + @{Blioux |global_attack_boons} - @{Blioux |banes_from_afflictions}]]@{Blioux |die_boon}k1[boons/banes]]]}} {{boons=[[@{Blioux |boons_banes_query} + 0 + @{Blioux |global_attack_boons} - @{Blioux |banes_from_afflictions}]]}} {{versus=^{DEFENSE}}} {{damage=1}} {{damageroll=[[01]]}} {{roll20plus=}} {{description=A success on your attack roll against a living creature forces the target to make a **Strength** challenge roll. A failure on the challenge roll indicates the target becomes **Poisoned** for 1 minute. At the end of each round a target is poisoned in this way, it must get a success on a Will challenge roll or gain 1 Insanity.}} Result Any help in telling me why I cannot do it, or what I am doing wrong would be great. Thank you! 
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
a blank space at the end of the name on the very front page where you 1st create your character.  only a couple hours of my life... LOL