Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow people to add campaign setting names to "Enjoys Playing" and "Actively Seeking Group For" profile sections

Hi, You offer a large list of RPG rulesets that people can select, when they fill out their profile and want to tell people what they like to play, but there are some rulesets that can be used for different campaign settings. I'm currently in a Spelljammer game and would like to put "Spelljammer" on my profile, but there is no option for it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to meet fans of other D&D settings, like Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk, or also non-D&D settings, like Scarred Lands or Freeport.
as it stands Roll20 uses a simple system.. other games but the more a game is talked about and played the sooner it get added to the list of games.  Ziechael said: The games dropdown menu exist to help standardize the options available (example: 4E vs. 4th Edition vs. D&D4, etc). No matter how many games are listed, some may not make the cut. Games are added to the list periodically. This ensures obscure listings gain greater visibility when sorted via the Other Games option and helps keep away “empty” search listings for underrepresented titles. If you feel a game should be listed, encourage your community members to play and post often. The more community attention a title receives the more likely it is to be added to the list. Note: the suggestions forum is a good place to drum up support but the number of votes isn't necessarily a metric for adding a game to the list.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Note:  The Suggestions forum is not a viable avenue for asking for game systems to be added to the dropdown list of games, which is a subtle difference from what is being asked for in this suggestion.
Yes, GenKitty. I was asking about campaign settings. Obviously, there is the law of diminishing returns, where Roll 20 would be adding a ton of options for rules and settings and having some people wanting to look for cult subcommunties that are really small. But, if you are only going to put the top ten choices on the "Actively Seeking Group For" menu, it makes it kind of useless to anyone who doesn't stick to the mainstream options. If people could add anything to that field, that might help some subcommittees grow...but I have run camapign setting surveys in the past and met plenty of people who make typos. (So there would be a risk of duplicate entries for obscure settings/rules.) There would also be the thing where some people would want to put down "Dragonlance" and others might put "Krynn".
I've struggled with this issue here for years back when Traveller was not on the list because nobody played it so how do I recruit players for Traveller as plays other games. this is the irony of it all. literally, Catch22. if I'm afraid I'm going to die on a mission... and don't want to go...I'm normal but if I want to go on a mission because I know I'm going to die... then I can't go on the mission because I'm suicidal. I gave up on this dead horse years ago but maybe this time someone will hear the voice in the Darkness. maybe we can get a list of games that we as players and GMs would like to be added to the list of games to be added to the list of games. Hello Genkitty. just me, Elder DMing. /in before closure
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .