Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Make entire Journal viewable to all

My friends and I have been playing Heroclix on Roll20, and it's been working great. We are wanting to invite some other people to play with us, but in order for them to see the characters we made (hundreds), we would have to give them GM rights. I would love to be able to give players full Journal access, but without making them GM's. Is this possible?
Something else you could do is give permission of the individual characters to 'All Players'. This would require you to update each character however.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Sounds like an API script to the rescue (if it exists) for bulk editing sheets is needed.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
API Script: on('ready',()=>{     sendChat('','/w gm Updating all characters to be controlled by and in the journals of all players.');     findObjs({         type: 'character'     }).forEach(c=>c.set({         controlledby: 'all',         inplayerjournals: 'all'     })); }); Save this, it will update every character to be in the journals of all players and controlled by all players.  Then disable it so it doesn't do that every time you start the game.
The Aaron said: API Script: on('ready',()=>{     sendChat('','/w gm Updating all characters to be controlled by and in the journals of all players.');     findObjs({         type: 'character'     }).forEach(c=>c.set({         controlledby: 'all',         inplayerjournals: 'all'     })); }); Save this, it will update every character to be in the journals of all players and controlled by all players.  Then disable it so it doesn't do that every time you start the game. Thank you so much!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries. Let me know if you need aught else. =D
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's another way to achieve this if you want to limit who can edit a sheet, while also allowing everyone to view the characters. Jakob's  PublicSheet  script creates a read-only copy of the characters you declare, so others can view them.