Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Invisible Sun] Has anyone summoned their Black Cube yet?

I know that Roll20 is not the best way to run Invisible Sun, but with our players scattered around the country, we've got to do what we've got to do. That means that I'm going to have to be making a lot of material, which I'm not very good at doing. Many hands are better than just two, so if anyone else out there is in a similar situation, I'd love to hear about it.
Hey Jeremy, I know this is a bit late but I just started diving back into Roll20 after a long break. I think one of the projects I'm going to be taking up is a lot of porting to Roll20 With Invisible Sun. While I'm not necessarily going to be using the assets, I think it will be some nice practice. I'll probably start with the character sheets first then work my way to the easier stuff. One of the major issues, and something I hope to talk to MCG about, is the porting of specific assets. While getting the Path, Testament, and Tokens shouldn't be any problem, things like the Sooth Deck, Spell cards, Ephemera, ect. may cause issues. MCG seem pretty down to earth about this kind of stuff so hopefully there is something we can work out together. It should help take some load off the GMs from having to port in lots of cards or just sit there reading them to people. As for my cube; the Summoning ritual is almost complete, candles are in place, the path of suns is clearly marked out, and I've gathered some participating Vislae. I just hope we don't scare the fedex guy off.
Thanks for the response, Nathan! I'm excited to hear about what you're doing. I've already done the long porting for a lot of the material; I have all basic spells, vance spells, weaver aggregates, and long-form magic practices written in, and actually made a functional sooth deck, which I'm very happy about. I came to the conclusion that a character sheet is less necessary for Invisible Sun, however. It would sure be nice, make no mistakes, but I feel that in Roll20, the main reason to have a character sheet is make it possible to handle die rolls for success checks, and that's not a big issue for IS. The rolling system is fundamentally simple enough, that rolling 1-4 d10 doesn't put much stress on my players. Meanwhile, the freeform challenge ratings mean that I can't see a way to have Roll20 actually calculate success. Without dice macros, all a character sheet is for is to keep lists of abilities, and we don't need anything fancy for that. I did create a nice MS Word / Google DocsP I'm debating whether I should create stat pool trackers using extra Pages. Tracking bene/enhancements/vex/scourges would be really handy, and doing so visually as Monty Cook intended would be best, but as I see it, it would mean creating a new Page for each player, which might get unwieldy. Please let me know about the status of your projects, and if you want to see anything that I've done, let me know and I'll shoot you my page link. The game won't actually start up for a while; right now I'm just getting set up.
I'm looking into Invisible Sun also atm, glad to see some interest here. Dave B.
I recently saw that they've got .pdf versions of the character sheets out, so that will help a lot. It seems that we just need some patience.