Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Rolemaster, Saturday, GMT-5, 1930, Mature players

Looking for two types of possible players. 1. People that have played. 2. People that would like to learn the system of Rolemaster. Communication is Discord so voice is needed as well as a good microphone and clear speaking voice. IF you don't want to learn the system and still wish to join then we ask that you only play a tank character.  couple of quick questions:  What roleplaying game have you played before? Have you played rolemaster before?  Do you have a character already? What type of character are you interested in playing in rolemaster?
Hi Pappa Doc, I'm possibly interested. The timeslot works for me, and I have played RM before (and a fair bit of it at that), both RM II and RMSS. Still have my Shadow World / Kulthea boxed sets, Middle Earth modules - the works. I've played heaps of other RPGs, as well, since I started playing in the late 80s, so I've clocked up some miles. Now, some questions from my end. 1. What kind of world and campaign would we be looking at? It's impossible to discuss character preferences without knowing the campaign background. I would request there to be a clear game document listing the basics of the known history, if we do not base it on any of the published settings. 2. What kind of players are you looking for? As an older gamer, I am looking for a group of mature, calm and tolerant people. Maturity can come at all ages, but I know from experience that control over one's schedule, and reliable attendance, is definitely related to the age of the people involved. My hard cutoff would be age 25, unless players are known IRL (as in, you met in the flesh) to be dependable. 3. What version of the rules would we use? I've got virtually everything published for RM (and quite a bit of it on paper), and there's just too many damn books and optional rules to use all of it. Assuming we'd use RM II, we would probably need to go through the Compendium series to set up a list of house rules. As far as very generic character preferences: I tend to avoid "evil" characters. I also like playing characters with strong moral guidelines, which can take many forms; certainly not all of them are religious, or for that matter "good", although a fair chunk would be, by and large. The character classes in RM I have played longest are probably druid (although he would be more properly called an arcanist, really), warrior monk, and barbarian, and I recall a dancer along the way as well. By and large, I tend to enjoy characters that focus on non-combat solutions first, with violence only used when guile and grace fail. Let me know what you have in mind, and we can go from there. It's nice to see RM getting some love.
replied via PM