Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

It would be great if there was a PROPER mobile app.

The current app sucks, mainly because of the fact that there's no map, so you can't see what's happening or move your token. It would be great to be able to play DnD on my tablet!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi John, the app is not intended to be a replacement for the VTT but a companion to it. Check out the wiki for more information: Roll20 wiki says: Roll20 for iPad and Roll20 for Android are free-to-use mobile tablet applications focused on player-specific portions of Roll20. The simplest summary of what these applications are aimed to do would be "things you hold in your hand" at an in-person gaming table. That includes: digital dice, character sheets, handouts, and rules (compendium). To tie these features together, there is also access to Roll20's text chat features. Not included in the applications are tokens, maps, voice chat, video chat, and other tabletop functionality. Roll20 for iPad and Roll20 for Android are usable both at a physical table and with the Roll20 virtual tabletop. If you are wanting to run the VTT on a tablet I'd recommend using an internet browser like normal (remember that only chrome and firefox are supported at this time).
Yes, I know that it's not a replacement. What I'm saying is that I wish it was a replacement so I could properly play DnD on the go, when I don't have access to my computer. And correct me if im wrong, but doesn't the browser only work on mobile if you have Plus/Pro?

Edited 1529840320
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
John S said: And correct me if im wrong, but doesn't the browser only work on mobile if you have Plus/Pro? Browser on mobile works perfectly fine with a normal account, it doesn't discriminate based on subscription level. I mean, the best phones could even fake that you are on a computer, so what youd be the point of having some weird restriction on that? Have you even tried it on mobile? Sure, it have it's limitations, but all those are generic to "use view webpages meant for desktop on your small touchscreen mobile", not anything specific to do with Roll20.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have just tested this by loading a game on a free account on my phone. It's a... suboptimal experience, but it's not really the intended use.
Yeah exactly, that's what I'm talking about. The website doesn't work well on mobile, and neither does the app. I just wish I could properly play a full online session on Roll20 with my tablet.
Surok
Roll20 Production Team
Seems to work just fine on my iPad Pro. I think it’s a matter of computing power. Phones just don’t have beefy enough specs.
I was right actually, you or the GM needs to have plus/pro to play on mobile <a href="https://ibb.co/g754H8" rel="nofollow">https://ibb.co/g754H8</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, yes. I hadn't considered that. I logged on using a free account, but to a game created by a Pro account.
Gold
Forum Champion
Andreas J. said: John S said: And correct me if im wrong, but doesn't the browser only work on mobile if you have Plus/Pro? Browser on mobile works perfectly fine with a normal account, it doesn't discriminate based on subscription level. I mean, the best phones could even fake that you are on a computer, so what youd be the point of having some weird restriction on that? Have you even tried it on mobile? Sure, it have it's limitations, but all those are generic to "use view webpages meant for desktop on your small touchscreen mobile", not anything specific to do with Roll20. That is not exactly right, Andreas. Mobile Tablet browser support is provided for Players in games where the Game Creator has a Plus or Pro account. Mobile phone browsers are not supported by Roll20.&nbsp; It may work but it is not designed or intended to. Wiki docs for this, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Mobile_Tablet_Support" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Mobile_Tablet_Support</a>
Yeah, I actually tried spoofing a desktop browser on my tablet and then entering a game, but I couldn't even pan around the map or move my token or such.