Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Looking to try D&D for the first time!

Hello everyone! I'm new here, in more ways than one. I'm new to this site and new to tabletop RPGs. I know absolutely nothing about D&D and every time I look things up the articles are confusing to me. So, I'm looking for a friendly and kind group of players & a DM that are willing to help me learn everything from character creation to actually playing the game! I know it kinda seems like a lot of work to teach me about things, but I just have trouble understanding current resources (I'm autistic if that helps you understand why!) for newbies and I really /really/ want to try D&D. When it comes to character creation, I basically need to know limits, species, etc and then I'll have that down. I'm good at creating characters, but I just don't know what a D&D player character entails. ;^^ I live in EST and don't have thigns going on that often, but I'll be sure to let you know if I can't make it/have something coming up! I'm usually at least 5 minutes early for everything, so don't worry about me being late! So, if you & your group are friendly and wouldn't mind teaching me about things, I'd be glad to hear from you! Thank you for showing interest by viewing my forum post if not! Have a great day! ^ u ^ (To spare you from having to look at my profile: I'm Charlemagne! Call me Charlie. I'm LGBT+, Otherkin, Mentally Ill (Social Anxiety, General Anxiety, and Depression), Autistic, A witch, and have ADHD! My pronouns are They/Them, please respect that! People tell me that I'm an interesting person, so if anything about me interests you, I wouldn't mind talking outside of games too if you have a Tumblr!)
Well, while I do not have any active groups that are open... I have listened to your plight, and I would be willing to have a private 1-on-1 session with you, just to show you the ropes, if that's alright?