Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Nesting Macros and Calling an Attribute issue

I'm wanting to set up a macro that will let me call an attribute(one of my knowledges) And then add a d20 and a d6 to the check. So fair I've come up with this: me attempts a Knowledge check [[1d20 + 1d6 + ?{ Knowledge| Arcana, @{Cinder|arcana} | Duneoneering, @{Cinder|dungeoneering} | Engineering, @{Cinder|engineering} | Geography, @{Cinder|geography} | History, @{Cinder|history} | Local, @{Cinder|local} | Nature, @{Cinder|nature} | Nobility, @{Cinder|nobility} | Planes, @{Cinder|planes} | Religion, @{Cinder|religion} } ]] Unfortuantely its not letting me select the knowledge properly and its also not referencing the different knowledges properly. Can anyone lend me a hand with this?
try this me attempts a Knowledge check {{?{ Knowledge| Arcana,Arcane[[1d20+[1d6 @{Cinder|arcana}]] | Duneoneering,Duneoneering [[1d20+[1d6] @{Cinder|dungeoneering}]] |

Edited 1529917067
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If the knowledge skills are auto-calculated fields they may contain elements that are breaking the query. Your original macro should  work, however wrapping the attribute calls in an inline roll may help (I'd also remove line breaks unless they were added here for readability...): /me attempts a Knowledge check [[1d20 + 1d6 + [[?{Knowledge|Arcana,@{Cinder|arcana}|Dungeoneering,@{Cinder|dungeoneering}|Engineering,@{Cinder|engineering}|Geography,@{Cinder|geography}|History,@{Cinder|history}|Local,@{Cinder|local}|Nature,@{Cinder|nature}|Nobility,@{Cinder|nobility}|Planes,@{Cinder|planes}|Religion,@{Cinder|religion}}]] ]]
I tried both and each time it didnt work. It did give me an query for which knowledge to use but but each one was duplicated with the first having a capital and the second not. Also none of the selections worked(tested them all). In addition to that it filled my chat log saying "No attribute was found for @{Cinder|"Each knowledge"}"

Edited 1529919049
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, then this seems more like a naming issue, the query certainly works for me with a character called Cinder... check to make sure your character doesn't have a space either before or after the name, there could also be some hidden unicode character throwing things out. Renaming the character to Cinder and then highlighting the whole section to check for hidden stuff should solve the issue. Alternatively ensure those are the correct attribute names for the fields... which system/sheet are you using?

Edited 1529922915
Ah so I figured it out. The attribute name for the different knowledges are written as "knowledge_arcana" I was missing the "knowledge_" for each one. So now it looks like this: /me attempts a Inspired Knowledge check [[1d20 + 1d6 + ?{ Knowledge| Arcana, @{Cinder|Knowledge_Arcana}| Duneoneering, @{Cinder|Knowledge_dungeoneering}| Engineering, @{Cinder|Knowledge_engineering}| Geography, @{Cinder|Knowledge_geography}| History, @{Cinder|Knowledge_history} | Local, @{Cinder|Knowledge_local}| Nature, @{Cinder|Knowledge_nature}| Nobility, @{Cinder|Knowledge_nobility}| Planes, @{Cinder|Knowledge_planes}| Religion, @{Cinder|Knowledge_religion} } ]]
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Excellent, thanks for the update