Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting Help

Hello, I utilize a single monitor with Roll20 for my gaming group, and all tokens are controlled by the same player since there's only one screen.  When I utilize dynamic lighting since they're all controlled by the same player they continue to see the screen that all of the tokens that are controlled see.  I'm wondering if there is a way through the API to change what they see to only be the view of the active player in a turn sequence, that way when the current character is up in turn it's very clear to them what that character can actually see on the shared board, rather than them seeing things that in-game their character can't technically see because another characters token can.  Is that possible with an API script, and does anyone have any ideas how that could be implemented if it is possible? Mike

Edited 1530398687
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Let me look...

Edited 1530398738
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not the one I was thinking of, but try this one by Sky. There is also the Observer , by the Aaron. It does more than what you're asking for, but you might find it more useful because of that.
Thanks Keith!  The Observer script looks like what I'm looking for.  I'm going to give it a shot and see if it does what I'm looking for.  Reading the description it definitely seems like it would do the trick!
Do I have to constantly set up sight for the characters in the game. I save the changed but it keeps reseting to where I have to put them in manually over and over again.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nick, it sounds like you might be having trouble with saving default tokens. Sight is controlled on a per-token basis. Often people will set up a character, assign them a default token and then set up sight. This means that every time you pull a token from the journal tab, it's pulling the version that was saved before you assigned vision. The trick is to assign the vision settings, and then set the token as the default. Check this page out from the wiki.