Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Compendium] Isn't Call Lightning a concentration spell?

Edited 1530532895
<a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Call%20Lightning" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Call%20Lightning</a> In the 5e compendium Call Lightning has a duration of&nbsp; Duration:&nbsp; Up to 10 minutes instead of&nbsp; Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes Did I miss an errata?
Both the link you provided and searching for the spell in-game show that it is a concentration spell for me.

Edited 1530541362
Kyle, do you have the Player's Handbook ? It could be you are seeing the spell in the PHB Compendium version, which can be different from the SRD Compendium version. There were a few instances of monster stats being different in the&nbsp;SRD Compendium from the Monster Manual that Roll20 had to correct. I do not own the PHB and see the spell without Concentration listed.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm not seeing concentration in the SRD version.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
You have to click the attribute list for a spell in its compendium entry to see whether a spell has concentration.
Ah. I see it now. That's confusing. I think most players will be looking for Concentration in the Duration entry (where it is in the original source) as opposed to it being called out into a separate Concentration attribute.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Rabulias said: Ah. I see it now. That's confusing. I think most players will be looking for Concentration in the Duration entry (where it is in the original source) as opposed to it being called out into a separate Concentration attribute. Agreed. I imagine they will eventually get around to it.
The spell entry used to have concentration spells display the duration as "Duration: Yes, up to [x] minutes" (with "Yes" reflecting that it is a concentration spell). It seems that it now displays it as just "Duration: up to X minutes", which is less grammatically weird but also not obvious that it is a concentration spell. Hopefully it's fixed.

Edited 1530637459
Yeah noticed this in a game .... why change it?&nbsp; Please can we have some consistency!