Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using a Rollable Table with Images that show up during a Character Sheet roll (for Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory RPG)

MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Everyone, I'm working on the new Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay Wrath and Glory RPG character sheet (I picked up a free Quick Start "Blessings Unheralded" at Origins this year). I'm using rollable tables with images of dice to get the successes that I want (rolls of 1-3 are zeros, 4-5 are Icons worth 1s, and 6s are Exalted Icons worth 2). The number of dice rolled is one of one color (let's say Red) and the remainder, up to 9, of another color (lets say Green). I've got the rollable table worked out and I've got the images in the table so that when the table is rolled, it shows the successes and the images associated with each roll. It works pretty good but now I'm working on the character sheet. With the rolls, I'm just getting the total number of successes, which if you hover over the roll, shows the successes and not the images associated from the rollable table. I would like to show the images from the rollable table. Any way to do that? /Matt
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
*Bump*
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Not as part of an inline roll unfortunately.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: Not as part of an inline roll unfortunately. Man! I was robbed! Thanks for responding. In the meantime, I'll continue to work on the character sheet with the rollable table. /Matt
Is there any chance you'd share what you did to make the table? I don't necessarily need the images, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set up the table to do this.
Hi, I'm also interested. I just made an extremely simple macro to ask the number of dice, roll the dice and separate the wrath die. This will definitely work, but I'd be interested in other cleaner solutions.

Edited 1531639919
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
(Edited to add images) Eric B. said: Is there any chance you'd share what you did to make the table? I don't necessarily need the images, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set up the table to do this. Ville V. said: Hi, I'm also interested. I just made an extremely simple macro to ask the number of dice, roll the dice and separate the wrath die. This will definitely work, but I'd be interested in other cleaner solutions. I created two rollable table named WrathDie and PoolDice as follows: Value  Weight Image of a 0 1 1 pip side of a D6    or  0 1 2 pip side of a D6    or   0 1 3 pip side of a D6    or    1 1 4 pip side of a D6   or  1 1 5 pip side of a D6   or   2 1 6 pip side of a D6   or   (in this case, I used a different set of symbols for the Exalted Icon) For the WrathDie, the images are red and for the Pool Dice they are green. I created a Macro to test the dice as follows: Macro Name: N-Dice Macro Content: /roll 1t[WrathDie] + (?{Number}-1)t[PoolDice] successes Rolling the Macro shows the values and the images. The Macro allows the roller to see that their WrathDie is an Exalted Roll (worth 2) and the rest that count are the 5 and 4 for a total of 4 successes. Then I created a roll button for the character sheet as follows: <button name=“roll_Athletics” type=“roll” value=“/em rolls Athletics with [[1t[WrathDie]+(@{Athletics}+@{Strength}-1)t[PoolDice]+?{Modifier|0}t[PoolDice]]] degree(s) of success!”> The roll button in the character sheet rolls excellent but only shows the total in the red lined yellow box which you have to hover over to see the values rolled. This order allows you to see that the WrathDie is a (1) and the rest of the PoolDice are (2+0+1+1+2+2+0+2) for a total of 11 successes. I would love to see the Macro work in the Character Sheet so any ideas how to do that would be cool. I shamelessly stole the character sheet html from the Only War character sheet and have been modifying it for the past several weeks. It’s mostly done. Just have to do a few edits and then create the.JSON and image. /Matt
Amazing work Matt! I hope you keep updating this topic with your progress.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Ville V. said: Amazing work Matt! I hope you keep updating this topic with your progress. Thanks! I'm almost ready to GitHub the Character Sheet. Since it's based on the Quick Start Rules, there will probably be corrections when the game comes out at GenCon this August. /Matt
MattBx8 said: I created two rollable table named WrathDie and PoolDice as follows: ... For the WrathDie, the images are red and for the Pool Dice they are green. I created a Macro to test the dice as follows: Macro Name: N-Dice Macro Content: /roll 1t[WrathDie] + (?{Number}-1)t[PoolDice] successes Rolling the Macro shows the values and the images. The Macro allows the roller to see that their WrathDie is an Exalted Roll (worth 2) and the rest that count are the 5 and 4 for a total of 4 successes. I did basically this myself after the table finally clicked with me and I made images for the die faces. I can't make character sheets, but I did add the attributes to the character part of the Journal and it works great. Still, I'll be happy to see a proper character sheet for this so I don't have to use this workaround. Can't wait to see what you made!
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Eric B. said: I did basically this myself after the table finally clicked with me and I made images for the die faces. I can't make character sheets, but I did add the attributes to the character part of the Journal and it works great. Still, I'll be happy to see a proper character sheet for this so I don't have to use this workaround. Can't wait to see what you made! The plan is to complete it within the next week or so. /Matt
Cool, I also made a rollable table for myself. Here are some good quality images for the dice I found:&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HgTRbshJiWVhoKqcDAjy6rYYIOLQ0fcB" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HgTRbshJiWVhoKqcDAjy6rYYIOLQ0fcB</a> &nbsp;
Ville V. said: Cool, I also made a rollable table for myself. Here are some good quality images for the dice I found:&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HgTRbshJiWVhoKqcDAjy6rYYIOLQ0fcB" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HgTRbshJiWVhoKqcDAjy6rYYIOLQ0fcB</a> &nbsp; Same here - and I used your images - so thanks to both of you! :)
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Hello Everyone, There are currently two Warhammer 40K Wrath and Glory character sheets awaiting final approval in GitHub, mine and an API-based one. Hopefully both get approved soon, the API-based one for Pro users and mine for everyone else (mine doesn’t require API access). /Matt
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It's unlikely both will be approved, as it's an explicit policy of Roll20 to only have one sheet/system, with the exception of existing sheets. So unless the other sheet will have sheetworkers or other things that free users can fall back on, your will be the one approved. And someone will surely ask if there are possibility to collaborate.
So there is a sheet now, but it's not working for me at least. If I enable it it just hangs in the loading screen forever.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Ville V. said: So there is a sheet now, but it's not working for me at least. If I enable it it just hangs in the loading screen forever. It’s not mine. Mine is currently in the GitHub but not loaded. You should report that it isn’t working. /Matt
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ville V. said: So there is a sheet now, but it's not working for me at least. If I enable it it just hangs in the loading screen forever. That should be fixed today. Matt, I looked at your sheet on GitHub and noticed the CSS looks like it may have issues from being pasted. There is an excess number of '/'. These break the CSS unfortunately when loaded in as a custom sheet. If you can clean up the code I'll get it merged into the GitHub. The HTML looks fine. I like your sheet. Thanks, Cassie
I tested the sheet again and it indeed works! It looks amazing especially considering the game isn't really out yet. There is a problem with the inline rolling though. It treats everything from 4-6 as one icon, even thought 6 is an exalted icon which counts as two. I'm guessing the API rolling works better, but I do not have access to that at the moment.
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Cassie said: Ville V. said: So there is a sheet now, but it's not working for me at least. If I enable it it just hangs in the loading screen forever. That should be fixed today. Matt, I looked at your sheet on GitHub and noticed the CSS looks like it may have issues from being pasted. There is an excess number of '/'. These break the CSS unfortunately when loaded in as a custom sheet. If you can clean up the code I'll get it merged into the GitHub. The HTML looks fine. I like your sheet. Thanks, Cassie Hello Cassie, I’ll work on it this week/weekend and get it committed. Thanks! /Matt