Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Simple method to create new monster?

Gotta say, very disappointed so far with the charactermancer. I just want to create a quick custom monster. Am I missing something? I apparently cannot do this. Not happy.
I don't believe Charactermancer is for creating monsters, only LVL 1 PC and NPC's. Are you playing in a module, or custom game of your own creation?

Edited 1531143559
Vaxfiend said: Gotta say, very disappointed so far with the charactermancer. I just want to create a quick custom monster. Am I missing something? I apparently cannot do this. Not happy. I don't think that's how they intended the charactermancer to be used, I usually start by finding a similar already made monster dragging their stats onto an npc sheet and then modifying from there.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Exit out of the Charactermancer, make sure the sheet is toggled to NPC, and make your monster as normal. Alternatively, you can opt out of the Charactermancer entirely on your campaign's setting page.
Ah, good suggestions, and I just found the "opt out" button - didn't notice that before. Whew! But yeah, modifying an existing critter makes sense too, especially if its similar. I'll give the Charactermancer a try for actual characters but if the players grouse about it, I may opt out entirely - we'll see. Thanks for the responses all!