Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Compendium] Homebrew Compendium Rules?

I found <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4788870/creating-my-own-compendium" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4788870/creating-my-own-compendium</a> from a year ago, which offers some suggestions, but making a library campaign with source material handouts won't enable any of the compendium integration features (drag &amp; drop, compendium buttons, etc). Have there been any updates in the past year that would allow for homebrew compendiums?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not really. I believe the concern remains the potential for IP abuse (i.e. someone making a compendium containing an entire copyrighted rulebook. There are some possible ways to shorten character creation steps though, especially since you have a pro account. ChatSetAttr can do some marvelous things. What did you have in mind?
@KiethCurtis - Mostly I just wanted drag-and-drop functionality to make it easier for people to add weapons, spells, etc to their character sheet.
well with the new updates and players handbook for 5e i think at some point down the line they may allow for more custom changes with-in your games only but Dev don't really tell us there time table.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. The overwhelming majority of weapons and spells are already available for drag and drop from the SRD Compendium, so I assume you want to be able to do something similar with homebrew spells and weapons? It would require some significant upfront work in finding out which fields need to be written to, but you could create Chat Menus that give you "click and drop" ability with API COmmand Buttons and ChatSetAttr. I have done this for my home campaign for feats and class features. Here is an example (SRD content only, and example is for Shaped Sheet). With a bit of work, you could adapt this approach to write just about anything to a character sheet.