Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Select Multiple Tokens, Subtract Health En Masse, make saves en masse

Setting the scene: One of my players casts fireball on a group of enemies.  If I could select all of them, roll their shared dex saves individually (I guess with some way of knowing who rolled what, maybe thats less important), and then subtract the same health from all of them, that would be amazin

Edited 1531716851
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Things like this are typically the purview of the API. There isn't really a good way to do this and have it be system agnostic (one of the core tenets of Roll20). Plus you need to take into account resistance, Dr, or whatever a given system might call it. There is in fact a script for rolling group checks, called appropriately group check.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
(Moving to API, to refund the vote)
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GroupCheck+ApplyDamage can do exactly this.
Great, thanks guys!
I will definitely look into those scripts.  I see that you wrote it Jakob, so thank you!  And I wasn't really expecting to be able to have 'fireball' work and account for saves and all that automagically. But from a system agnostic approach, you could do things like allow the selection of multiple tokens, and any macros with the same names shared between the tokens would remain as a blanket token macro and each token would execute the macros individually.  Now, I can see that getting hairy depending on how the macro was set up (if there was any follow-up queries that wouldn't work), but you could define a class of macros or add some checkbox for 'groupable' or 'simple' or something that would signify that the checks could be made en-masse.  Not a great solution, and a solution already exists in scripts, but it's certainly not impossible.  The more that can be done through the UI and without needing to set up API scripts beforehand just makes things easier, IMO.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Chiming in to give a strong +1 to GroupCheck and ApplyDamage. Amazing time savers.
ApplyDamage does not seem to appear in github any more.   Where is this now?
Ammo said: ApplyDamage does not seem to appear in github any more. &nbsp; Where is this now? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3631602/script-groupcheck-roll-checks-saves-et-cetera-for-many-tokens-at-once/?pageforid=4359153#post-4359153" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3631602/script-groupcheck-roll-checks-saves-et-cetera-for-many-tokens-at-once/?pageforid=4359153#post-4359153</a>