Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Stuck on game launch

I left it for about 4 hours on this screen and no change, how can I get around/fix this?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've heard legend of this in times gone by, I believe the update has completed and refreshing will be fine... but since that is all anecdotal and you don't want to risk it lets run through the tech help diagnostic steps. Step 4 would be particularly useful to a wandering Dev: Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
unfortunately steps 1 to 3 didn't help. Browser - Chrome version - 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) OS - windows 10, 64-bit, x64-based processor Javascript - enabled anti virus - AVG free, not sure if windows defender is active or not extensions - google docs offline, docs, sheets, slides console log in picture
Hi Peter, What is the name of the game trying to upgrade?

Edited 1532036385
Princes of the Apocolypse, the other game was setup by a friend and it works fine.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Without interrupting your current process, are you able to load the game in a different browser or different window, or better yet, on a different computer? That would be a good indicator if the stuck window can be terminated.
Tried new windows and tabs on chrome and microsoft edge with no success. internet explorer complains about compatibility issues before arriving at the same screen. The old laptop running windows 7 had the same issues across chrome and IE, it doesn't have edge.
I did see that there was a copy of the game, was this an attempt to try the update on the copied version?
I read somewhere else on the forum that making a copy of the game and launching that might fix the problem, but it encountered the same "upgrade" screen and so I deleted it.
So after investigating with a dev, we were unable to access the game either. It appears that the game actually has no data in it. We tried multiple rollbacks to see if there was anything to salvage but that did not succeed. At this point we can only suggest creating a new game. I will be submitting a bug report to further investigate the cause and how to prevent it in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience!
thanks for looking into it, thankfully we hadn't started the game on here so no progression lost. Good luck finding the problem.