Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

An Accusing Merchant Approaches

Edited 1532795270
Matt
Plus
A chill wind blows through the Guild Hall, despite the presence of numerous fires to ward it off. There is a scent of something unnatural in the air, even beyond the normal mystic auras that surround the domain of the Guild. With a loud rattling, the iron beam barring the entrance shut clatters to the ground, allowing gusts of frigid air to blast the entryway open. A dark figure stands beyond, and declares in an icy voice... "All of You are CONDEMNED... ...to suffer in such unfashionable garb unless you purchase some of my magnificent accessories! I have the finest necklaces, talismans, cloaks, collars, and capes, scoured from stashes, dungeons, (and *cough* mansions) from across the realms!" He then proceeds to glide around the room, gently deriding the horrific fashion sense and lack of ability to coordinate outfits of numerous Guild members, while proffering luxurious items to suit their motif better... for a price. This merchant will sell you any magical Neck slot item at 60% of the list price (so 40% discount). Please post/RP your purchases below! The merchant will leave Sunday, July 29 at 23:59 Pacific time .
Ishtar will stroll into the new setup, standing out from the usual guild rabble with her significant charisma and pristine, fashionable dress. After perusing what the vendor has to offer and critiquing most of it for its inferiority, she convinces him to bring out his very best stock. After negotiating a significant discount, perhaps partially due to the menacing presence of her elemental minions, she hands over more gold than most of the surrounding guild members have held in their lifetime, purchasing an ornate necklace of solid platinum, studded with astral diamonds carved in the shape of lightning bolts and shimmering with magic. (Torc of Power Preservation +5 purchased for 375,000 gold.)
The new guy. Remmirath , 33 years of age, would seem like a normal human by the looks of it. Average height and muscular build show a man in his prime. The dark, long hair and bright grey eyes would make him look handsome, if it weren't for the ugly scar running from his hairline over his left eye and down over his cheek to his chin. "I'm new here, but I will step forward if nobody else does. It just so happens that I'm in need of a magic necklace, so you are in luck, I also happen to have a rest of gold on me. I'd be happy if I could afford anything better, but for now this will have to suffice." Rem scoops up one of the merchants necklaces and pays him the agreed price, then bows slightly to the merchant and goes about his business of polishing the edges of his axe. (Remmirath buys an Amulet of Life +1, (level 5 so usually 1,000gp) for 600 gp)
Landon wobbles over in his gruff manner and takes a look at the wares presented....hmmf seems to be a pretty good selection...and gods know I should have replaced this long ago....its been far too long since I made any gold but at these prices how can I resit. This one seems to not have any blood on it. I'll take it.... (Landon buys a Healer's Brooch +2, (level 9  usually 4,200gp) for 2520 gp)
Diedrich musters enough will to pull himself away from his drinks and stalks towards the Merchant. Towering over the Merchant, the Merchant takes one look at Diedrich and goes "No, no. That won't". Following a montage of Diedrich being forced into all kinds of fashionable clothes, fit for a noble, he ends up in his previous outfit, but with a sparkling new cape. "Why mess with the classics", Diedrich chuckles, hand over some gold and goes back to drinking,  (Diedrich purchases one +3 Cape of the Mountebank, before 25000, now 15000.) 
Spot sighs... could this guy be any edgier? He looks at the collection of goth tryhard attire, all black and almost black colors, studs and chains... and, of course, skulls everywhere. He finally picks up a black leather trenchcoat, Gestapo surplus from the looks of it. He'd have been ashamed to wear this even in high school. But, damn, that sweet enhancement bonus... Spot sighs again and reaches for his wallet. (Spot buys a +3 Cloak of Resistance, list price 13,000, for 7,800)
Zim floats towards the mysterious and fancy merchant and begins shining some blue lights onto his wares until one of them causes the light to go green. Then, from the bowels of the spherical crystalline being that is Zim, a bunch of gold spews forth, with a helpful ding noise when the last coin plops out, at which point Zim floats above the desired cloak it chose (despite not having a neck) and absorbs it and the magical property the cloak holds into itself, becoming ever more mysterious and internally spacious. (Zim purchases a +3 Deep-Pocket Cloak for 7800 (Originally 13000))

Edited 1532350864
Vhai
Plus
Lilith glances over at the merchant, scoffing. Then she notices a plain gold necklace with a simple sunburst ruby set in it. She pockets the item. (Lilith purchases a +3 Amulet of Protection for 5400 (originally 9000))
"No, no, this will not do. Tacky and disgusting. Make it elegant and beautiful, yet strong. Like me. It also needs to be convenient. I need more time for important things. These mewling babes the Guild calls heroes are already wasting enough of it. Yes, this is good. Take your money, merchant, and be done with it." (Viktoria buys a +3 Timeless Locket for 12600 gp (full price 21000))

Edited 1532351425
Aurenoch, perusing the merchant's table, sees a handsome cape of black velvet, adorned with the embroidered symbol of the Raven Queen. He frantically snatches it up, clutches it to his chest, shoves his face into the fabric and breathes in deeply, then sighs tremulously like a lovesick teenager. Then he unheedingly flings gold and items at the merchant until he is finally told "Enough! Enough just take the cloak and go! Stop throwing your crap at me!" Aurenoch buys +2 Raven Cloak for 2,520gp (full price 4,200)
Keysley shakes his head... How people can sell things for cheaper then I can make them... I will have to work on that... Mantle of the Golden General +4 for 39,000 (65,000)
Might as well Kilroy buys a +3 Badge of the Berserker for 7800
Ruffy runs past the merchants wares as he slids a bit before he stops backing up and whistles when he sees the black collar with golden wavy lines "Ah, I see a creature of fine taste, I am sure your owner would agree that it is a fitting piece for you" says the merchants, Ruffy thinks for a bit and then runs away returning carrying a pixie that he drops off, then grabs the collar and run. Ruffy buys +3 Badge of the Berserker for 7800 gp (full price 13000)
Kaal drops by the merchant to peruse, and finds a relatively simple-looking locket made of platinum with diamond veins spiraling across its surface. As it catches his eye, Kaal stops, and stares. It... is... beautiful.  It also serves as the perfect focus for invoking that-which-must-not-be-named to eat fireballs and such. Kaal buys a +3 Amulet of Warding for 10,200 GP (normally 17,000).
Aelin walks up, squinting hard and long at all the items, she thinks for a second. she takes note if any of these items are to dangerous for any one to have, but sees that it wont, shrugs. takes out her money. "I'm new here, and I need to stock up, these prices are amazing." she grins to herself but grimaces as she remembers why she needs these. Aelin buys a +2 cloak of resistance for 1560 gp (normally 2600)
[Insert RP later, too tired now] Kamui buys a +2 Amulet of Protection (normally 1800, now 1080).
[more RP to be done tonight or something] Rainier buys a +4 Amulet of Elegy (normally 65000, now 39000).
Red eye comes up to the stand proud and tall, he smiles "good afternoon, names red eye, pleased to meet ya, let me take this off your hands" red eye buys +2 amulet of protection for 1080 (normally 1800)