Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Your dev server's character vault has lost connection to Cloudflare

So I tried to access the dev server's character vault and I got a 520 error saying the dev server is not connecting to cloudflare.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Intermittent connection errors do pop up.  Are you still having this issue?
Yes I am
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Devs have been pinged, please stand by for one to come assist :)
Hi Devlin, Sorry for the trouble! I am seeing this behavior as well. I have submitted a ticket and we will be investigating further into what is going on to get a fix out as soon as we can :)
Just in case you are wondering. Its still not fixed. And I have hundreds of character sheets in that vault I cannot access or add to.
Its still not fixed and its figuratively ruining my life! i
Any updates on this?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Devlin, Thanks for your report on this issue. I'm following up as we investigate the issue: are you saying you have hundreds of character sheets in the vault on the dev server that are not reproduced on live?
Yes, there is no connection between the dev server's vault and the normal server's vault as far as I know.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The devs are having a hard time reproducing this issue. Are you still having the issue? Also: I know this is a total kludge workaround, but if you have a game with the character in it, you could copy it over to production to export the character to the live character vault. With a lot of characters, that's not ideal, of course, and we'd like to solve your issue rather than have you using a workaround. But it's an option for now.
I just checked again. It is working and I can see their backgrounds now? And everything loaded up at once. Which is weird, normally it takes 5 to 10 minutes before the vault will load. Hmm maybe I just had so much stuff when you did your conversion to this new vault style, it just took a month for it to finish converting?

Edited 1534962837
Or maybe the htmls I have in the background was interfering with something. Though if that was the case I guess it would still not be working.
Do you want access to my vault so you can see if there is anything special about my vault that could have caused the problem so you can try and keep it from happening again?