Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Animated Maps/Background

There's a trend now where people are making animated maps (wind blowing the trees, birds moving around, etc). Would it be possible for roll20 to support something like this in the future?
Would absolutely love to see this happend down the line. I can just imagine how atmospheric it would be with flickering torches, or campfires.
I'd also like to vote for this--since I saw Dynamic Dungeons' maps, I've been dying to build campaigns around them. The static maps are gorgeous, but the atmosphere added by the animation is incredible. I'm not a programmer or developer, so I obviously don't know the difficulty or level of effort involved in adding .m4v support, but it's a feature I'd absolutely pay extra for. 
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
If only I had a vote left :) this seems wonderful... the v2 of mapping
bumping this because it's amazing.  I support a patreon called dynamic dungeons that provides really high quality m4v files.   I use them with my projector currently but i would LOVE to be able to use them on roll20
Yes, I would also love to see this. GIFs, YouTube videos to start would be amazing.
That is a fantastic idea. I hope Roll20 implements this, it would be a huge differentiator for Roll20.
Just having the ability to use the current F/X Tool's to add permanent light flickering or leaves blowing from trees, birds flying over the forest etc, would be a massive improvement.
Please understand that my intention here is not to undermine the work that Dynamic Dungeons is doing. I love their stuff. I would just love it more if roll20 supported it. Think about how amazing some of these beautiful maps would be with Dynamic Lighting and Fog of War. There's real potential here for some amazing upgrades to roll20.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This is now live . I'm closing this thread to refund your votes!