Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

need help finding things

Edited 1533828883
i recently returned to playing on roll20 after a long period away and it seems that there is no longer as much free content as far as map creation for DMs as before. is this true? i only found one tavern map and used an old dungeon map i had from a previous campaign i made a few years ago. please help.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There was a change to the way that Google surfaced possible results, which massively cut down on what would show up in the search.  That was several years ago.  Your best bet is either finding things in the Marketplace to buy (support your local artists!) or searching externally and dragging the images into your game.  Marketplace content has the advantage of not taking up part of your storage, if you go the outside image route, you will need to be aware of the sizes of any images you are uploading.
the stuff i found and used before the change was stuff that was free in the marketplace not from google
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Were you a pro subscriber last time?  Other than that, there should be no difference in the free offering from Roll20.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I assumed you were talking about doing a search in game and getting things from the "From the Web" section.
no i have always been free and had several things i used from the free section in the marketplace, when i go there no all i see is monster tokens
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ah.  Change this to Everything first?
i have and when i do it shows things ive used before, premium assets, from the web only
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That's all I've got, I'm afraid.  I have to feel like it was free items being returned from the google search as I originally mentioned.  I can't think of anything else that would have changed the volume of free assets available.
weird.....i can get tokens, and stuff but cant even get premade maps, or even stuff like grasslands, mountains, or anything to create my own maps.
Ok so update, it took a long while but i have found some stuff that was a pain to locate through browsing however ill have to keep digging to find what i really need