Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

OGL 5e API Longrest weird error

I have one player for whom longrest will not reset his spells !longrest Dargallon Erencrow  - fails no errors so i started renaming him, and changing the longrest command to match !longrest Dargallon = works !longrest Dargallon E = works !longrest Dargallon Erencro = works !longrest Dargallon Erencrow = fails w no errors?!? help???
bump?
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I tested this in my game also using the same name; it didn't work for me either. I also tried other 17+ letter/space long names and those seemed to work. This is a very strange bug
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Apologies for the delay, blame Gencon (seems a safe bet)... I'll re-ping the devs for some attention for you.
its the most bizarre bug ive come across in some time.  You can use longer names!!! It just hates that last w!  what makes it weirder - setattr works fine with the longer-w name, its just longrest command.  and again, no error in API. It claims to have found the PC (because if i butcher the spelling intentionally i do get a NO PLAYER FOUND style error) thanks!!
Hi Matthew, This bug has been added as a ticket for the devs to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Cool thanks!  I mean bugs arent cool, but tickets are!
i have github and the api repository forked - is this something i can help look into?
You are certainly welcome to have a look-- feel free to update us with what you find :)
Ill try not to spam too much but i have done some testing:  - I started out trying to rename the character back to the broken ErencroW, and just revert to older versions of the 5e OGL until !longrest worked, then dig into that patches changelog.  This did not go as planned: The bug seems to affect more issues, possibly everything, in the OGL, such as leveling.  If i change the level to 10th, the spells page does not update for example, but if i rename the character to erencro... just going to the spells tab, after a slight pause, adds all the slots for 10th! In trying the "revert versions" approach, i realized that now !longrest for erencroW was *partially* working - it was as if there was an invisible, level 1 cleric copy somewhere now.  !longrest would never alter the character sheet at which I was looking, but if i cast spells via 7th lvl erencrow, it would not deduct slots from the character sheet i was clicking, BUT it was deducting slots from some invisible sheet - which !longrest would replenish - but only 2 1st and 0 2nd... ie a 1st level cleric.   If i renamed back to erencro, casting spells deducted slots properly from the sheet i was looking at, and longrest restored them properly.   Now that I know it is a bigger issue than a longrest bug, but something larger scale, I am more intimidated and less sure how to proceed.  The fact there is suddenly an invisible lvl 1 cleric in my game if i rename my 7th (or 10th) lvl erencro to erencrow, and all commands affect that sheet not the one I am clicking on, is a lot to chew on.

Edited 1538689580
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Thank you for that info, that is most certainly an odd happening... I have appended the new info to the ticket-- I hope it helps in nailing down what the underlying issue is!
my kung fu is not what it used to be (i did internet middleware and LAMP coding for about 12 years before becoming disabled) so i surrender to your Crane Style
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Matthew P, I've tried testing this with a character named 'Jaegow' but was able to complete a longrest and it reset my spells.  If this is still an issue can you let me know what game this is happening in. I'll try to investigate using the character that is experiencing the issue. Thanks, Cassie
It is still broken.  If you can see my games, it is Dargallon Erencrow in "Spooky Monday Nights!",  if not let me know how to invite you!  (this is new to me :D ) To be clearer:  - if i rename the character Dargallon Erencro, or Dargallon Erencrowww... both work fine. Spells deduct when cast, and reset when longrest'd  - it is only the exact name Dargallon Erencrow where spells do not mark off your sheet when cast, but instead affect some invisible lvl 1 clerics sheet. Longrest works on the invisible lvl 1 cleric .  But since casting spells on Dargallon Erencrow's sheet doesnt deduct any casting he has infinite castings... although all of the "X slots remaining" is always based off the invisible lvl 1 cleric. Thanks Cassie!!