Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Approved Character Sheet Use In Market Place Assets

So I'm in the process of getting ready to submit an adventure module along with all of the other information needed, but I have one last process to actually address. The module in question is for 5e and I'm actually not sure if I'm allowed to use any of the character sheets on roll20 for NPCs. I've seen some assets talk about using them, but I guess I'm just looking for a definite answer on this. Thanks ahead of time.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You can use any of the appropriate sheets on roll20 as there is nothing specific stating one way or another in the Creating Marketplace Modules . It is usually recommended that you choose the official sheet, 5e OGL, for your default but you could use any of them. You can always email the devs (<a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>) with any question.
Thank you for the speedy reply!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Also, all character sheets are released under the MIT license: License All of the code (HTML/CSS) of the sheets in this repository is released under the MIT license (see LICENSE file for details). If you contribute a new sheet or help improve an existing sheet, you agree that your contribution is released under the MIT License as well.
Dean
Roll20 Team
All the comments above are correct. You can use what you'd like. I do always recommend using the official sheet for any marketplace content, as official sheets are guaranteed by us to be updated / fixed - making your marketplace content confirmed stable on that front no matter what happens.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
As for what is in &nbsp;the character sheet, it needs to be material for which you have a license. For 5e, that means creatures released under the Open Gaming License (OGL) such as from the System Resource Document (SRD), original creatures you have made yourself, or creatures that you have obtained a license from another source.
Thanks for all the information! Actually helped a lot.