Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] [FFG Star Wars] or [Labyrinth Lord] or [4e D&D] Friday Nights 8 or 9pm EST

There was not a ton of interest on my previous Labyrinth Lord posting, so I figured I would open it up to a couple of other games and see what sort of response I get. There seems to be a ton of 5e support and games on here, but not a ton of other games, so I would love it if there was interest in these games. If you have any interest in FFG Star Wars (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, or Force & Destiny), or Labyrinth Lord (Basic D&D), or 4th edition D&D and you are available weekly on Friday nights from 8 or 9 to 11 or 12, please respond with the following: Which game are you wiling to play?  How much RPG experience do you have? Do you primarily Play or GM? What sort of character do you like to play? Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? All levels of experience are welcome - I am happy to teach a game to anyone unfamiliar. 
    Don't give up on LL. I ran a Basic Fantasy (retro clone like LL) early this year which lasted several months until it evolved into my AD&D game which i am currently still running. It was hard to get players at first as 90% of people want 5e but once i got a group together we have been having a blast and have not looked back.   To players out there :  You cannot complain about not being able to find a game if you are turning games down based on the specific books or system it is. Give it a shot and who knows, you might just have fun rather than jockeying  for the same spot in a 5e game that 15 other people are fighting for.   Sorry if this comes off as a rant, i just want to open peoples minds to other options. Good luck and remember,   Run it, and they will come.
Thanks for the vote of support! I'm definitely not giving up on it, but I would rather not wait 5 months to get a group together, so I thought it might get more eyes on it if I had some other options in there too.
" Run it, and they will come. " Unless it's D&D or Pathfinder, they will come slowly. :) But, yes, they do eventually find you. For Sam, I've been looking for something to do Fridays, but our times don't sync up. Best of luck.
Which game are you wiling to play?- Labyrinth Lord, very interested in Barrowmaze How much RPG experience do you have? Experience playing AD&D, Pathfinder, and Dungeon World. Have GM'd Pathfinder and Dungeon Lord Do you primarily Play or GM?-GM would like a break What sort of character do you like to play? No particular favorites. Enjoy clerics though Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? No I've played OSR stuff before I will not be able to join this friday or next but can alter schedule afterwords to make it
Hi Nico, Excellent! I'll add you to my list and send you an invite to the game. I have one other player who expressed interest on the other thread, and sent him an invite as well. I think it's fine if we start in two weeks. So that's two players - if we get 2 more we can make it work! Cheers!

Edited 1533320496
Leef
Pro
Which game are you wiling to play?  I’m pretty open to anything. I prefer fantasy to sci-fi. We have a RL LL game running right now and I can’t get enough of it! How much RPG experience do you have? 2 seperate groups for about a year total.  Do you primarily Play or GM? Play What sort of character do you like to play? I prefer a caster, but usually end up as a tank.  Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? I won’t cry for too long.  When are are you looking to start? How often do you want to play? What time zone are you in?
So we now have Brandon, Nico, and Jesse - One more and I think that's enough to get the game going!
Which game are you wiling to play? So, LL is basically D&D. Got it. I guess I could try it, but this post mainly caught my interest for Star Wars. Used to play Edge of The Empire a couple years ago. Had a blast. How much RPG experience do you have? I've been playing tabletop RPGs for around 8 years. Do you primarily Play or GM? Play What sort of character do you like to play? I like to dabble in other kinds of characters, but if I had to pick..... Something with range. Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? Meh.

Edited 1533341867
Which game are you wiling to play?  Labyrinth Lord or any old-school retro clone really. Basically any version of the "world's oldest rpg" that precedes WotC-era including 5e. I prefer player resourcefulness to overcome encounters, rather than testing character builds. How much RPG experience do you have? 36 years. All games. Even had an angsty Vampire phase as a teen. Ran Pathfinder for years. Got swept up in the Old School Revolution and I think there is where I'll stay for the remainder of my gaming life--playing, refereeing, maybe publishing! Do you primarily Play or GM? Mostly I referee, but I am trying to get into as many campaigns as I can as a player for the perspective. What sort of character do you like to play? Tiefling werefox gunslinger or grippli duskblade-assassin. Just kidding. Characters that are a little quirky without being special snowflakes. I enjoy the challenge of low-level spellcasters. Can I say I prefer worlds that aren't lousy with anthro furry fan-service races? There I said it. Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? No. As long as it's someone else's PC. I'll probably blubber privately if it's my own, but I'll get over it somehow. That's the game. You need to have a real chance of death to make your choices and tactics meaningful. A better question is would it bother you if your high-level PC died. That's even tougher! Right on the verge of having your hired seneschal put the finishing touches on your sweet wizard's tower, after surviving the D-series with a million gold... and you get popped by spitting cobra venom in a random overland encounter with a 1 on a saving throw. That's the game.
Samuel  Which game are you wiling to play? Any and all whatever you're willing to run I'll play in.  How much RPG experience do you have? Hmm I've been playing these types of games for a long time since I was about 10 years old I'm 48 Now so yeah I've been in the player pool for a long time. Do you primarily Play or GM? I primary play but have been known to take the reins of :-) from time to time. What sort of character do you like to play? I like to play rogues or fighters but I can play anything. Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? That depends on how the pc died of he died to promote the plot then I'm all for that if its to protect another player, I'm good with that as well. If it's just because the pc made some slight faux pas to some noble who decided that he must die, well I'm not going to be too pleased... And if he died because he was stupid then I have no problems with that. Let me know if your flexible at all with the times or the day your willing to run this. I'm free most days. Fridays might be a bit of a problem tho.
Hey hey. I'd like to put in a vote for FFG Star Wars.  Which game are you wiling to play? Star Wars How much RPG experience do you have? Been playing for over 30 years Do you primarily Play or GM? I run this game for my family. But I've not been able to play. What sort of character do you like to play? I'll play anything really. Without an opportunity then I can't answer this fully. Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? I suppose. It depends on if the player is having fun.
@Lucifer: Yes, LL is basic D&D, very old school. I'll send you an invite to the game and if it isn't your thing you can drop out at any time. @Jim - excellent, you're in. I'll send you an invite to the game. @Thomas - unfortunately that time is pretty much the only time I can carve out of my schedule at the moment.  @Vartega - it appears that LL has carried the day. When that campaign is over I will certainly be running an FFG Star wars game. I'll send you a message when that time comes.
Bah! Stupid fantasy games. :) Groovy man. I look forward to it. Samuel Dillon said: @Lucifer: Yes, LL is basic D&D, very old school. I'll send you an invite to the game and if it isn't your thing you can drop out at any time. @Jim - excellent, you're in. I'll send you an invite to the game. @Thomas - unfortunately that time is pretty much the only time I can carve out of my schedule at the moment.  @Vartega - it appears that LL has carried the day. When that campaign is over I will certainly be running an FFG Star wars game. I'll send you a message when that time comes.
Which game are you wiling to play?  Labyrinth Lord How much RPG experience do you have? 25+ years from B/X red book though 3.5 and Pathfinder,  Labyrinth Lord, BFRPG, etc Do you primarily Play or GM? Play now but I have GM'd What sort of character do you like to play? Anything but a caster,  lol Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? No it means I get to roll again and create something else special.  Just not sure how well Fridays will work for me Are you using voice or video? I'm mostly a text player 
Bump one last time - I have several players, but could still use a couple more if anyone is interested!
Success!
Session 2 starts in a half hour - new players welcome!
Which game are you wiling to play ? FFG How much RPG experience do you have? About five years, predominantly with DnD, but I've recently fell in love with FFG Do you primarily Play or GM? Play, I've never given much thought to GMing as I'm more interested in singular character immersion and progression than world building. What sort of character do you like to play ? I typically play either front line fight like characters, or magic/Force using controllers. I constantly have at least three characters, minimum, that I want to play in my head, so I'm typically a versatile player. Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? As long as the death is for relevant RP purposes, or simply from combat, I have no problem dying a thousand times over. It's only for purposes of metagaming, or interplayer, not inter-character, squabbles that I get upset over character death. Not just of my own, in general
@Samuel Can I get an invite to that FFG SW game (whenever that may be :P) as well?
@Lucifer - absolutely! I am planning on setting it up to start probably in December. I'll be looking for players starting in Early November - I'll definitely shoot you an invite when I get the page set up and am ready to talk about chargen and whatnot.

Edited 1537390691
Which game are you wiling to play? FFG How much RPG experience do you have? 9 years  Do you primarily Play or GM? Player What sort of character do you like to play? Usually support characters who have detailed backstory s Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? If he or she dies in a decent way then I am fine. If I die walking down stairs i wont get mad. Just sad I died walking down stairs hahaha 
Which game are you wiling to play? ffg starwars  How much RPG experience do you have? around 10 years played warhammer to start off with then moved to dnd5e then on to anima and now play more then i care to name Do you primarily Play or GM? play love being throw curve balls  What sort of character do you like to play? depending on the party normaly ill play a more combat pc then anything else but like to dabble in outher  Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? i try not to let my pcs die it dosnt bother me to much if it only low end but thats life ay
Haha - so maybe I need to consider moving up the star wars date? Please correct me if I'm wrong but we now have the following interested in SW: 1. Vartega 2. RedCrayon 3. Lucifer Morningstar 4. ForsakenRage 5. cynn Five people would be a well rounded table. I might just invite you all to a discord server so that we could chat about days and times that this could happen. Look for that over the weekend.
Just sent a message to those of you who expressed interest in an FFG Star Wars game. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Cheers!
Is it too late to express interest in the Star Wars game? Which game are you wiling to play? Star Wars, Force and Destiny mainly, but I’ll play any. How much RPG experience do you have? Not as much as I’d like, but some. Mostly have played one offs before. Do you primarily Play or GM? Play, though I’d lie to learn to GM. What sort of character do you like to play? Good guys. Form there I’ll do whatever. Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? A little? But not like, leave over it.
Not too lat at all - I just sent you a PM.
I'd also be interested in playing some FFG Star Wars if any spots are left/open up. Which game are you willing to play? FFG Star Wars (EotE preferably, but I am open to all of them) How much RPG experience do you have? I've been playing TTRPGs for about a year. Mostly D&D 5e. Want to branch out into some new systems. I've been interested in playing FFG Star Wars for a while now. I own the EotE and AoR core rulebooks. Do you primarily Play or GM? So far I have only been player, but I am currently preparing to DM a D&D 5e adventure. I am very interested in eventually GMing for Star Wars as it is a setting I am very familiar with, and very much enjoy. What sort of character do you like to play? Usually a charismatic character with a well-rounded backstory that leaves a lot of room for growth. Mechanically I don't have much preference, and tend to fill in for anything that might be needed for a balanced party. Does it bother you if a low level PC dies? Sometimes it happens. The only way it would be bother me if I there was no way to continue on with the group, such as a new character.
Just sent you a PM as well, Digiwatt.
Okay, so after discussions on the discord channel, looking at my schedule, and discussing the best game times with my wife, the FFG game will be every other Sunday at 6pm EST and will run until ~9 or 9:30 (I allot 30 minutes to account for technical difficulties and chatting). Please respond in the my discord star wars channel if you would like an invite to the game. If you did not get invited to my discord channel, PM me here and I will send you a link. So, to be clear: Game: Star Wars Edge of the Empire (I also have Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny, so you can make whatever type of PC you want - force users welcome) First Game Session: November 4th  Start Time: 6pm EST End Time: 9pm EST (9:30 if technical difficulties arise) Running Schedule: Every other week with some adjustments for holidays and events (e.g. we may do 2 weeks in a row before a holiday so that we take the holiday off but don't miss 3 weeks in a row) Do we still need more players? I have room for one more player if all in the current discord discussion confirm their participation.  Questions? Please ask here or send me a PM, I'd be happy to answer anything you would like to know.
And just like that the game is full!!! If you would like to join please send me a message and I will put you on  a waiting list.