Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PF Playtest Map pack

Topic say it all.
I have no idea what you're referring to?

Edited 1533248594
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nicolas P. said: Topic say it all. Check the product page again: Available August 7, 2018 Playtest the new Pathfinder rules in style with this collection of Flip-Mats converted fully into Roll20. Featuring four key encounter areas from the Pathfinder Playtest Adventure: Doomsday Dawn, with added dynamic lighting and options for advanced fog of war. Featured areas include a burnt-out crypt under the city of Magnimar, a ruined temple in the demon-infested Worldwound, a wizard’s tower beside a remote mountain pool, and an arcanist astronomer’s subterranean workshop! This product functions as an  addon , and can easily be added in to any of your games. You can claim this product for free simply by logging in and clicking the Claim button. It won't be released until the 7th.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Is this indirectly suggesting a PF Playtest sheet will be released at the same time...?

Edited 1533257754
I must have misread the page. I took it that the sheet will be released on the 7th and that the Maps were available now.  Especially since it links to the maps market page. For reference this was the page that I was reading.  Link
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Oh, that's a new page. Good to know.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Considering the page,I can confirm,there will be a character sheet ;)
Dean
Roll20 Team
Scott is correct (and the amazing sheet author!). August 7th will have the sheet and the flip map packs available for free to all users :)
... But, it's the 7th Now.  It's been the 7th for at least ... 19.5 hours where I live... how long must we suffer under this cruel regime?!  ... I love you guys.  And I'm super pumped that Roll20 - the best VTT in the world - is supporting the playtest. But seriously... release it already!  -Love.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
It's 10am PST, the Pathfinder Playtest shall be available today, do not fear!
I'm waiting as fast and hard as I can! <3
Dean
Roll20 Team
It's available now :) Enjoy!
the first map (ashen ossuary) is set to 10ft sqaure - it should be 5ft
Dean
Roll20 Team
chris m. said: the first map (ashen ossuary) is set to 10ft sqaure - it should be 5ft Investigating and will have that dealt with on a confirm. Thanks! :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
chris m. I set all the grid squares to 5ft (as the map pack did not come with a suggested size). The grid lines on the map have subdivisions that are pretty faint, which is why I made the Roll20 Grid so dark. Let me know if that helps!
Trivia said: chris m. I set all the grid squares to 5ft (as the map pack did not come with a suggested size). The grid lines on the map have subdivisions that are pretty faint, which is why I made the Roll20 Grid so dark. Let me know if that helps! This is incorrect, every large square is the correct 5 ft. unit. The tiles in the middle look like they are divided in 4 squares because of the "tiles" used in the ossuary itself, but you can tell in the areas with unhewn stone that there's no such subdivision. Could you please correct and release the map pack?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ahhhhhh thank you Thundertacos! I appreciate the explanation. There will be a fix tomorrow. 
No prob! Reading back I sounded like a pedantic d-bag, thanks for taking it so nicely!
I'm not really sure how to use the map pack. I've got it associated to the game: But when I load up the game and look under my assets I don't see anything: Note the free asset list goes down for a ways, nothing says "Pathfinder" or "Play test" from what I see. Just in case, I don't see it over here either: If it isn't already obvious I have never used Map Packs before nor the Marketplace, I've always made my own maps, so I'm not really sure where I'm even supposed to be looking for these. Thanks for any help.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The maps are in your pages tab, fully set up with dynamic lighting.
Thanks, Keith, for the quick response. I expected them to be things I had to drag into play from somewhere. Should have read closer I guess.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just to clarify, the Dynamic Lighting is there, but as far as I know is still limited to Plus or Pro Subscribers.
How does the map pack being updated affect those of us who've downloaded it already? Do we have to redownload it?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
If you've added it to a game, there should be a prompt to patch the addon. Once you apply the patch, the map scale will be corrected :) And no worries Thundertacos! I needed it broken down that far to understand yesterday ;)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Have the DL lines been adjusted/updated as well?  Someone mentioned they had to move the DL lines after the scale was fixed.  Thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Ashen Ossuary map is offset by half a square. Or rather it was. I haven't checked to see if it has been patched yet.

Edited 1533876218
So, I tried fiddling with the map size prior to the patch being released. Now, I can't get the map to align with the grid and dynamic lighting layer. I've already tried deleting everything and redownloading the map pack, but it doesn't work. What should I do? Also, based on A2's (Ashen Ossuary) description, shouldn't there be pillars that block line of sight?
I can confirm that the dynamic lighting lines do not line up with the contours on the map.  Moving the map to match (which is really hard because the DL layer lines disappear in Map layer...) throws the grid squares off.  This is an easy fix, just scale your map out so you can see the whole thing, select Dynamic Lighting Layer, and select the whole map with your mouse (draw a box), then line the DL lines up with the map.  Takes 10 seconds to fix.
I don't know for others but I only have 4 maps whereas there are more lot maps in the Playtest. Is that normal ? If yes, do you plan to add the others ? I just finished Chapter One with my players and now I am a bit confused for Chapter 2 since there is no maps.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The maps provided are a conversion of the Pathfinder Playtest Flip-Mat Multi-Pack as produced by Paizo, which contains four maps (two double sided play mats). Are you referring to something else? The Timelord said: I don't know for others but I only have 4 maps whereas there are more lot maps in the Playtest. Is that normal ? If yes, do you plan to add the others ? I just finished Chapter One with my players and now I am a bit confused for Chapter 2 since there is no maps.

Edited 1534923779
keithcurtis said: The maps provided are a conversion of the Pathfinder Playtest Flip-Mat Multi-Pack as produced by Paizo, which contains four maps (two double sided play mats). Are you referring to something else? The Timelord said: I don't know for others but I only have 4 maps whereas there are more lot maps in the Playtest. Is that normal ? If yes, do you plan to add the others ? I just finished Chapter One with my players and now I am a bit confused for Chapter 2 since there is no maps. No, it is just that in the PDF of the Playtest there are other maps. I asked Paizo why Roll20 didn't have all the maps in place of only the printed ones and they just told me "I don't know. Ask them" which leads me to think that while Paizo only printed 4 maps (for financial reasons I guess) there is no restriction about converting the other maps from the PDF. Maybe I was wrong... But then I don't know how I am supposed to play the chapter 2 without the maps. I guess I will recreat them with ugly squares...
What are the correct map dimensions? I changed them by mistake to 70 x 70 and now its distorted. I wanted to change them back and what are the size units the ashen map should be? 2.5 feet/units?