Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Vampire V5] Very Simple Sheety

Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've made a veeeeeeeery simple sheet. There are no rolls. I don't know what works how, so there some stuff that I nicked from the character sheet not knowing the numbers, mechanics, whatever. There might be bugs or some stuff, since I made it "fast", just over 1 hour using the assets from my Dark Ages V20 sheet. <a href="https://pastebin.com/B8S53fsC" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/B8S53fsC</a> &nbsp;html <a href="https://pastebin.com/w0hYgFKu" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/w0hYgFKu</a> &nbsp;css
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Is the Vampire 5e sheet much different from&nbsp; the 5E Alpha sheet &nbsp;Roll20 already have? Either way, if yours is a impovement over the Alpha version and 5E is already out, then the alpha sheet I made could be removed.&nbsp; Also this other guy just made one too .
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Matter of opinion if it's an improvement. Yours has rolls, mine doesn't. If I knew how basic mechanics works (or differs), I might add some rolls.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hacoc's sheet looks better to my eyes. Any chance you two could collaborate and import the rolls and any other useful features from Andreas's sheet?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The way the rolls are implemented on mine are quite chucky, and really only a copypaste from V20 sheet. The other guy said there where significant changes between Alpha and the real deal, so my alpha sheet doesn't have much purpose anymore, and I don't care what happens with the old one. Hopefully you two can unite your forces to get best of both worlds on the v5 sheet.
My current build of my sheet has the rolls done by selecting the attribute and then the skill factoring hunger dice. If you wanted to grab it and maybe take the code over.
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If somebody wrote me how the mechanics look in V5, I will try to implement the rolls in this sheet.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Havoc, you could join the current discussion on the two different pull request made for the sheet recently. Duplicating work before deciding which one of the currently three sheet becomes the base that will be approved doesn't seem smart.
There's actually only one pull request now. The V5 mechanics are almost the same as previous editions, with taking and building a dicepool of (usually) 2 stats. The change in this is that now, for each point of hunger you have, you replace one of those die with a "Hunger Dice". You only replace, not add....so if you had a stat roll of 2 and a hunger of 3 you's still only roll 3 dice. The way my build deals with this is by rolling the hunger dice as a different pool after subtracting them from the main pool. This works when the Dicepool is higher than hunger, but once it is lower, you have to look at what was rolled and take the first however many from the roll. Thankfully, that's a pretty rare happening from what I can tell. If you have any other thoughts about how to go about putting those mechanics in more clearly, that would be massively helpful.
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Seems like I will need to create API for this. What is the difficulty? I need more info, if you please.
Yeah, no problem. Essentially the basic dice system is all centered around 6+ being a success, anything less being a failure, and 10's counting as 2 successes. Two 10's actually mean a 'crit'. With the hunger dice, that shifts to be: 2-5 is a fail, 6-9 is a success, 1 is a Bestial Failure (if the roll fails), and 10 is a Messy Critical (if the roll succeeds). The rolls are compared against a difficulty in successes set by the DM. A friend and I are working on this for the sheet I've already got a pullrequest up for, but we've not even got past the inception and planning phase for it really. The sheet is ready, looking good, and all that.....currently its rolling as I said before for the hunger dice...and that's fine, but having an API for it would be a blessing for sure.
Difficulty means the number of successful dice required&nbsp;to accomplish a task, not the target number for the individual dice, which is always 6 or higher. this is a major change, Crit is pair of&nbsp; A result of 10 on two regular dice&nbsp; is a critical success. A critical success counts as two additional successes above the two 10s (four total successes). A winning roll containing at least one critical success is called a critical win, or sometimes just a critical. example: difficulty 3, roll dex + brawl(3+3) &nbsp;rolls 5-3-4-10-10-7. It is 5 successes (4 success comes from pair of 10 and 7 which is above 6 and therefore success) &nbsp;in older version it would be 6 successes. now there is another thing which is hunger. scaling from 0 to 5. let’s say player inputs 2 dot for hunger and we have dice pool of 6, replace two of it with hunger number. It can be 6 normal dice if you have 0 hunger or it can be 1 normal dice and 5 hunger dice which means hunger is 5. In our case player has 2 hunger and dice pool of 6 therefore he rolls 4 normal dice(2-4-6-10) and 2 hunger dice(1-10). You see that there is pair of 10 but one is normal and other is hunger dice, this means a messy critical.&nbsp;

Edited 1534264457
Havoc I bought the V5, if you say I will make a proper sheet then I can help you with both pictures and my knowledge. If you find my English hard to understand then I can help you by pictures and copy pasting.&nbsp;
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've read some rules. It seems without proper API it won't cut it. And I don't have time lately to work on it. If I do, I will update the thread or create a new one.

Edited 1534267040
I hacked down the rolls in an API script. It is functional but uses the powercards script as output. Not sure if anyone is interested, but it does normal rolls, crits, beastial failure as well as messy critical detection. I am currently looking at hooking it into one of the character sheets on github ( <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/vampire-v5" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/vampire-v5</a> ), but I would also gladly cooperate with someone to get a good working sheet out there with proper macro support. PM me if anyone is interested in the API script. (Fair warning it was my first go at writing anything for roll20 :) )