Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Problems with some older NPC macros

I'm trying to set up monsters with macros for stuff like attacks, traits, saves, etc and am following this video . But some of the macros seem a bit off. The perception one gives me the info twice  %{Selected|npc_perception} @{selected|wtype}&{template:npc} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=Perception}} {{mod=@{selected|npc_perception}}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{selected|npc_perception}]]}} @{selected|rtype}+@{selected|npc_perception}]]}} and the saves macro gives me errors for each of the attributes (they look like this  No attribute was found for @{selected|npc_cha_mod}) /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Saving Throws}} {{Str Save= [[1d20+@{npcd_str_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{npcd_str_mod}]]}} {{Dex Save= [[1d20+@{npcd_dex_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{npcd_dex_mod}]]}} {{Con Save= [[1d20+@{npcd_con_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{npcd_con_mod}]]}} {{Int Save= [[1d20+@{npcd_int_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{npcd_int_mod}]]}} {{Wis Save= [[1d20+@{npcd_wis_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{npcd_wis_mod}]]}} {{Cha Save= [[1d20+@{npcd_cha_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{npcd_cha_mod}]]}} could anyone provide a fix/help me find a way to fix it myself? Thanks!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
What sheet are you using?
The Roll20  5th Edition OGL Character Sheet
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hopefully someone more familiar with the OGL can comment. Maybe the perception macro is supposed to show two rolls to represent advantage/disadvantage? I took a quick look and I'm guessing that some npc "specific" attributes may no longer be necessary...  I adjusted your example macro to use the attributes that I found on the sheet. /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Saving Throws}} {{Str Save= [[1d20+@{selected|strength_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{selected|strength_mod}]]}} {{Dex Save= [[1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{selected|dexterity_mod}]]}} {{Con Save= [[1d20+@{selected|constitution_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{selected|constitution_mod}]]}} {{Int Save= [[1d20+@{selected|intelligence_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{selected|intelligence_mod}]]}} {{Wis Save= [[1d20+@{selected|wisdom_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{selected|wisdom_mod}]]}} {{Cha Save= [[1d20+@{selected|charisma_mod}]] | [[1d20+@{selected|charisma_mod}]]}}

Edited 1533821287
I'm not sure by looking through it, but I currently use these two macros successfully for NPCs with that sheet. Saves @{selected|wtype}&{template:npc} @{selected|npc_name_flag} {{type=Save}} @{selected|rtype} + ?{Save |Strength, [[@{selected|npc_str_save}]][STR]]]}} {{rname=Strength Save}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_str_save}]][STR]  |Dexterity, [[@{selected|npc_dex_save}]][DEX]]]}} {{rname=Dexterity Save}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_dex_save}]][DEX] |Constitution, [[@{selected|npc_con_save}]][CON]]]}} {{rname=Constitution Save}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_con_save}]][CON] |Intelligence, [[@{selected|npc_int_save}]][INT]]]}} {{rname=Intelligence Save}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_int_save}]][INT] |Wisdom, [[@{selected|npc_wis_save}]][WIS]]]}} {{rname=Wisdom Save}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_wis_save}]][WIS] |Charisma, [[@{selected|npc_cha_save}]][CHA]]]}} {{rname=Charisma Save}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_cha_save}]][CHA] } ]] }} Ability and Skill Checks @{selected|wtype}&{template:npc} @{selected|npc_name_flag} {{type=Ability Check}} @{selected|rtype} + ?{Ability |Strength, [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]]}} {{rname=Strength}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]] |Dexterity, [[@{selected|dexterity_mod}]]]}} {{rname=Dexterity}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|dexterity_mod}]] |Constitution, [[@{selected|constitution_mod}]]]]}} {{rname=Constitution}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|constitution_mod}]] |Intelligence, [[@{selected|intelligence_mod}]]]]}} {{rname=Intelligence}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|intelligence_mod}]] |Wisdom, [[@{selected|wisdom_mod}]]]]}} {{rname=Wisdom}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|wisdom_mod}]] |Charisma, [[@{selected|charisma_mod}]]]]}} {{rname=Charisma}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|charisma_mod}]] |Acrobatics, [[@{selected|npc_acrobatics}]]]]}} {{rname=Acrobatics}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_acrobatics}]] |Animal Handling, [[@{selected|npc_animal_handling}]]]]}} {{rname=Animal Handling}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_animal_handling}]] |Arcana, [[@{selected|npc_arcana}]]]]}} {{rname=Arcana}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_arcana}]] |Athletics, [[@{selected|npc_athletics}]]]]}} {{rname=Athletics}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_athletics}]] |Decpetion, [[@{selected|npc_deception}]]]]}} {{rname=Deception}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_deception}]] |History, [[@{selected|npc_history}]]]]}} {{rname=History}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_history}]] |Insight, [[@{selected|npc_insight}]]]]}} {{rname=Insight}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_insight}]] |Intimidation, [[@{selected|npc_intimidation}]]]]}} {{rname=Intimidation}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_intimidation}]] |Investigation, [[@{selected|npc_investigation}]]]]}} {{rname=Investigation}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_investigation}]] |Medicine, [[@{selected|npc_medicine}]]]]}} {{rname=Medicine}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_medicine}]] |Nature, [[@{selected|npc_nature}]]]]}} {{rname=Nature}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_nature}]] |Perception, [[@{selected|npc_perception}]]]]}} {{rname=Perception}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_perception}]] |Performance, [[@{selected|npc_performance}]]]]}} {{rname=Performance}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_performance}]] |Persuasion, [[@{selected|npc_persuasion}]]]]}} {{rname=Persuasion}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_persuasion}]] |Religion, [[@{selected|npc_religion}]]]]}} {{rname=Religion}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_religion}]] |Sleight of Hand, [[@{selected|npc_sleight_of_hand}]]]]}} {{rname=Sleight of Hand}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_sleight_of_hand}]] |Stealth, [[@{selected|npc_stealth}]]]]}} {{rname=Stealth}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_stealth}]] |Survival, [[@{selected|npc_survival}]]]]}} {{rname=Survival}} {{r1=[[1d20 + [[@{selected|npc_survival}]] } ]] }} And yes, leave those &125; in there. Save and close the macro. And if you open it again, you will have to copy and paste this back in, because all of those special characters get overwritten.

Edited 1533821357
The reason you're getting perception to roll twice is the macro uses the attribute rtype, and I'm guessing you have the selected's character sheet set to default which rolls twice, and it's up to you to determine if they had advantage, disadvantage or a normal roll in which case, most people take the first value.