OK, I do understand. Thanks for your replies. @Aaron, I am assuming that the New Text Editor is a bit of code used in parsing the scripts for the API engine. So it sounds like what I am doing has no chance of fixing the issue. It sounds like the changes must be made on your end. Was this change (the New Text Editor) something that happened in the last few days? Because literally like a few days ago I started this effort mostly. I loaded the script ... and ... it worked. It created a journal entry and named all the powers. That was the first issue with the apostrophes in the power names. I couldn't get the script editor to deal properly with the replace function, so, I just batch file pre edited the input file, ... no trouble. On to the next. So, I noticed that the script was not changing the 4e sheet values for the statistics of the character. I thought, wow that would be like test #1 of such a script. I checked the code and sure enough there was not (to me) a clear place where the statistics themselves were being transferred. I began to write that code emulating and using the existing loop structures. It was odd that some values were transferred to the 4e sheet properly and the ones I named, and I do know the sheet from the Wiki page, so I know the sheet's internal names, did not work. I could not understand how some worked and some did not. But here's the thing, the code kept working just fine, otherwise, as in it continued to create a journal entry and not just fail. I added some chat messaging to test intermediate values and that part of code was certain to execute and ... no message. I was like, WTH! So then I saw the script engine message. I restarted the api using that button, and, NEVER RECOVERED. That button caused the script to never work again. I had originally named the script IMPCHAR for import character. I thought, well, symbol collision, somehow. So, I thought, delete that sucker and re-paste, re-create it. I did that. Named it ImportCharGenFile. Same issue. Then I renamed the internal function name. Instead of build_character, build1_character, same theory. Same issue.