Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Grids question

is it possible to make a 3d diagonal grid? like some modules have in them?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You’re talking about an isometric grid?  This isn’t built in, but you could upload an image of the grid, then scale it to the square grid (I suggest having your square grid twice as dense and transparent).
is there a way to make one? ...I have no clue on how...but I think it would be cool to make 3d maps.
Some things to keep in mind: It's harder to do isometric maps.  You have to start in the back and work forward.  It's a hard concept for many to master. Most tile sets are overhead view.  Your choices on map tiles will be much more limited. You can google how to make an isometric grid map.  There's even a video on youtube by plexsoup on how to do it in Roll20. Good luck!  Most DMs agree isometric grids look awesome.  But require too much effort for the return.
to be honest...what I was interested in was just on how to apply a isometric grid on a picture I have so I could import the pic and use it in game.