Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Resized Tokens on Big map

Hello, I've just alligned a pre generated map from " Hoard of the Dragon queen " adventure, the map in question is Castle Naerytar where 1 square is equal to 20 feet. I've alligned the map, i've set 1 square = 20 feet, now each square is properly divided in sixteen small squares (each one is 5 feet), the problem is that medium token are really really small and for see something i need to play with almost a full zoomed map with the result of a very bad map quality. Is there something that i can do? Thanks in advance Edward
Yes, I do this all the time in the Storm King's Thunder with their giant maps. Go to the map layer, right click on the primary map and "set dimensions", then double the existing numbers. You'll have to rescale to get the 5' increments. Also, if you are using lighting, you need to go to the lighting layer and select everything, then drag a corner of the selection box until it is double size and fits the new map scale. After that, move your tokens into position and you should be good to go. It's a bit of work, but the play experience is much better.
Thank you