Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFG][5E][EST][Tuesdays] DM looking for 2 additional players to round out a play group

Edited 1534558245
Tuesdays - 7pm to 10 PM EST -  We would like a minimum of 3 hours per week. Sessions may run longer if EVERYONE agrees. Otherwise, we need players who can commit each week to 3 hours (excluding special circumstances: We're role-players not monsters). We use voice chat as our primary form of play and have a place to connect on Discord when not using Roll20. I currently have 3 players and a guest who comes to play the bad guys on occasion when I want to mix things up on players to used to my combat style.       I am moving a small online play group onto this platform and we thought that it would be a good time to add a couple new players to the group. The party of 3 is only level 3 currently and only one of them is an experienced player. We are happy to teach new players and both the experienced player and I (the DM) have been playing for nearly 10 years. We don't ask for any extreme roleplay or voices just an awareness of the setting and an attempt to keep your character in character. If you are interested I'm happy to talk with you and help find the common ground. We have all the core books and a few expansion supplements and are happy to look things up for you if needed.  My preferred DMing style is what I like to refer to as "Living world" where any non-player character introduced will continue to go about doing things "off screen" and the players actions can have effects that reach farther than they might expect. I run a reasonable amount of house rules but mostly they are there to improve fun and the hardiness of characters since I like to play encounters realistically. E.g. A pack of wolves is more likely to target one character at a time rather than square off with individual party members, but also more likely to break and run as combat goes on. But I am not one to avoid social encounters either. Mostly we play in the theater of the mind but I'm not afraid to use tiles for combat if it improves the experience. I don't use alignment since I want my players to make realistic choices not forced ones. My style tends to lean towards Characters/story>rules but mainly due to a belief that the rules are more flexible than you would expect. I recommend being open to a backup character if you are interested in playing since new players to my style sometimes have a habit of tapping out early and those who play longer tend to find a character with their goals fulfilled would rather retire in dignity and hand off the baton. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.      The setting is the Boundless Winds Empire ( Citizens are often referred to as Boundless). As far as technology at its height it was at roughly 15th century Europe levels with some influence of magical elements to grease the wheels and improve lives. Even at it's full power it's days of imperial expansion were mostly behind it as its boarders stretched to its mountain boarders to the north, west, and south. The Kirov Meritocracy, a small nation on its western border, lost much of its territory to the empire during its years of expansion and now struggles to survive on what little territory it still holds. The empire had quality roads, canals and tracks for the shipment of goods, and even simple black powder guns. All benefits of many resources and few enemies which allowed their cities to grown and strengthen the empires control. Many cities and towns varied wildly as they put focus on their exports and technologies giving each a somewhat unique feeling even as architecture leaned towards Gothic in design. The setting has the players as citizens of a fallen empire whose end 150 years ago is unclear with the only clue being a curtain of red magic running to the horizons and a missing populace. Players, descendants of southern farming families who survived the fall, currently live within the walls of partially reclaimed city of Grimstead. With the fall of the Empire such an unclear event there is a call for those with curiosity or simply a love of coin to search for clues and bring back news of the wider world. A large portion of the setting is already set but I like to leave pieces empty for players to insert themselves into the core of the setting. As a result I am often willing to let joining players try something a little strange or different if I think it adds to the world in a meaningful way. What kind of players am I looking for? Anybody is welcome to apply! Roleplay is welcome and appreciated but I am looking  primarily for players that are able to play their character as a person and willing to get to know their fellow players accents or not. I'm not just looking for a group of strangers that would just show up once a week then disappear. I am looking for a group of players that can become friends and chat with each other in between games.  Players of all experience levels are welcome, though rules lawyers will likely be frustrated. I believe that the DM should have final say on the rules of the game, although some input from the players here and there is always welcome. In the end I am trying to craft an experience we all can enjoy so I love feedback or both what my players liked and what they think could have been better. If this sounds like something that you would enjoy and you are looking for a group of fairly casual and friendly players then feel free to fill this out and either send it to me in a PM or post it below so perhaps another DM or group of players might see it and bring you into another game. Preferred Name: Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): Age: Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: How would you best describe yourself in a quote: Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc:  Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: Thank you everyone who applied in this thread. The group has made their decision and contacted the relevant parties. If you were not contacted I am sorry but I wish you luck in your future efforts to find the right group for you.
Eh why not. Preferred Name: I go by Will or Saber, take your pick owo Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He Age: 25 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): Saber153#8485 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): I don't get to Multiclass a lot, but I enjoyed a Monk/Fighter and a Barbarian/Warlock in the past. What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: A little of everything, fun games, serious ones, I'm game for whatever really, I do enjoy more combat heavy games though, simply because I like to make lots of weird combat tricks and see what happens. I do need practice with social encounters and roleplaying with character types I don't get to try a lot though. How would you best describe yourself in a quote:  “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Hmmmmmm this is a tough question, a very tough question, I'll get back to ya on that one. Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: I like Chocolate and Sharks... wait Snakes... no Lizards... .w.
Preferred Name: Braeden Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He Age: 13 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): Mr_RainbowFall#9001 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): ???  What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: friendliness How would you best describe yourself in a quote: Entirely fucking new to all things D&D.  Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Smaug, Harry Potter, Harry Potter Movie (s) Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: Nepolitan. Gryffons. Please accept me, I'm really curious about D&D. I have heard a lot about it.

Edited 1534321035
Preferred Name: Eric Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He Age: 26 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): Saliferous_Eric#8511 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like):  I am currently playing a celestial warlock/ divine soul sorcerer multiclass as the primary healer in my other group. It has been a lot of fun and I like the break from the healers are priests stereotype What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: A group of people that I can RP with and explore/discover a world with. Most of my best friends came from RP groups so I like meeting new people to make friends with. I tend to prefer a healthy mix of RP and action but probably lean more towards RP.  How would you best describe yourself in a quote:  "Laughter heals all wounds." Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Hands down   Death the Kid from Soul eater. No contest. Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: Chocolate chip chocolate fudge brownie with chocolate syrup (The more chocolate the better). favorite animal is Cows.
Preferred Name: Mason Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He Age: 30 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): guardwolf#1922 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): I have always wanted to try a paladin/bard combo, It could be like a gospel singer type. What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: I look for mostly RP, with some combat mixed in. The group I DM for like more of the fighting  side so I am looking to play in a little more RP based campaign  to cure that itch. How would you best describe yourself in a quote: " difficult  roads lead to beautiful destinations" Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: O beryn Martell from GoT head had many great things but also had flaws which made him more dynamic   Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: Cookies and Cream / Wolf
Preferred Name:  Natalie Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc):  She Age:  24 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): totallynotalie#8726 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): Gloomstalker ranger with a touch of assassin rogue. In general, I don't like to multiclass because it takes so much longer for the build to come online. But gloomstalker already does so well with nova damage on the first round and the assassin rogue makes it the ultimate ambush predator build. What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: I'm always looking for good collaborative story telling where the dm and players work together to build satisfying narratives, both for overarching plots and character backstories. D&D is always best when there's more than just combat and loot and I like to really dig into my character's personalities and traits to make them more than just a stat block. That being said, above everything else, I value a group that can hang out with each other both in and out of character and have fun. While serious moments are awesome, they're more dramatic when they're punctuating periods of levity rather than the group being strong and stoic the whole time. Some of the best moments I've had playing D&D were moments of hilarity, like when my group established a secret code to discuss an assassination that made it sound like they were planning to buy all sorts of sweets from a candy store. And my last long running campaign, we would regularly stick around to chat for 2 or 3 hours after every session which really helped us form real bonds outside the game. How would you best describe yourself in a quote:  “Antimei warned me that you would ‘transform’ me. I was hoping it would be into a frog, or a racquiel, or perhaps a bear -- I’ve always wanted to be a bear! Not a ‘proper young lady’!” she said, bitterly.” -from Court Wizard  Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: favorite character: Richard Rahl from the sword of truth series, favorite book: The Redemption of Althalus, favorite movie: varies day by day but right now maybe Thor Ragnarok Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: chocolate and lions
Preferred Name: Cellceair (Cell for short) Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He Age: 17 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): Cellceair#3398 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): I think a Monk/Mystic mix would be cool. Like a master of the mind and body What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: I look to be engaged by the campaign world, To have fellow players that are engaged, and a DM that can maintain an engaging game. How would you best describe yourself in a quote: " The truest wisdom is a resolute determination." Napoleon Bonaparte Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: I am a big fan of Hiccup from HTYD (How to train your dragon). I just kinda find him relatable Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal:  Cookies and Cream and a Cheetah 

Edited 1534318893
Preferred Name: Ben Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc):  He Age: 23 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): benmans1#2271 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): I really enjoyed my Battlemaster/Assassin that I once had. I greatly enjoyed doing a massive amount of damage to open the battle. He was an Urban Bounty Hunter, so his flavor was pretty cool as well. What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: There has to be good chemistry between the group. I think its important to discuss what type of campaign everyone expects, be it combat centric, full of dungeon dives, lighthearted, etc etc. A DM that is communicative and open to feedback is a plus as well. How would you best describe yourself in a quote: "I'm in a glass case of emotion!" -Ron Burgundy Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Kaladin Stormblessed from The Stormlight Archives. His story arc is so freaking awesome. Character development is off the charts. Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: Marianne's "Heaven" (Marianne's is a local ice cream where I live. Heaven is Vanilla swirled with fudge, peanut butter and brownie pieces. It's unreal.) Dogs. or Grizzly Bears. Spider Monkeys are pretty dope too.

Edited 1534333150
Preferred Name: Varva Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He Age: 20 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): varvaSasen#3604 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): Not a fan of multiclassing What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: Competent, consistent  play and rulings with sensible handling of player's and their expectations with a rough balanced representation of the three major pillars of play. How would you best describe yourself in a quote: "He's awfully motivated for someone who's comatose" Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Malus from warhammer fantasy Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: Chocolate and cat respectively
Preferred Name: Kevin Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He Age: 26 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): PossumDeMort#9639 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): Usually a single class guy What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: Characters, not murder hobos How would you best describe yourself in a quote: There's a method to my madness Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Dark Tower Series Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: Butter Pecan, Opossums

Edited 1534352351
Preferred Name: Reese Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): he Age:20 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): Reese#9253 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): never played but enjoy any stealth or support/tank class What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: open to new players, nothing too serious but everyone interested in the campaign How would you best describe yourself in a quote: you can only do what you can do, so do what you can. Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: kingkiller chronicles  Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite: icecream, vanilla animal, moose
Preferred Name:  Callie Preferred Pronouns:  She Age:  21 Discord name: Shenanigans #9440 Favorite multiclass to play:  I've never actually multi-classed before! I have really enjoyed playing my Arcane Trickster rogue, though, so a blend of physical fighter + caster would probably be fun to play; like a fighter/wizard or a sorcerer/barbarian. What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM:  I'm hoping to find something consistent, friendly, and focused on weaving a cool story together while having lots of fun along the way. I really enjoy role playing and the fantasy genre so I'd like to be able to get engrossed in the world with a healthy balance of interpersonal RP + action. How would you best describe yourself in a quote:  I have no methods; all I do is accept people as they are. Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Game of Thrones. Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal:  Chocolate peanut butter swirl + dog!
Preferred Name: Corey or Koku Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He      Age: 30 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): Kokuju2116#2440 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): I've never played DnD, so I haven't had to play a multiclass character. But just going off of  what I know about classes I think a Rogue/Warlock would be interesting  What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: Hopefully a fun and interesting  campaign, as for playgroup just people that are ok with me being new and take things easy in that aspect. As for DM, pretty much the same as the playgroup  How would you best describe yourself in a quote: "I try to live everyday without a fear or a worry" Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Im into anime like heavily into anime. Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: cookie dough or cookies n cream. Pretty much any canine breed ie... wolves, coyotes, domestic  dogs 

Edited 1534478767
Preferred Name: Zack          Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He Age:16 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end):  NachoPanda05#7489 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, it's just interesting to see what combos people like): Stone Scorcer/Rogue Assassin. I just like the concept of a hardened assassin with a hard exterior physically and mentally and a soft inside physically and mentally. What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: I group of people who want to have a communal experience telling a story and having a fun time. I am looking for a group of great people I can play and have fun with in-game and make friends with and batter with out of the game. I am looking for a dm and a party that understands when someone should have moment and respects that but also realize this is a party in D&D and not a movie with the main character and supporting background characters.  How would you best describe yourself in a quote: "I am your typical high school nerd, but without the glasses and has a personality, only online of course."  Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Caleb Widdowghast from Critical Role S2 Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: Pandas obviously and you can not argue that any flavor comes in comparison to mint chocolate chip. 
Preferred Name: Twisted/Josh Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): He Age: 29 (Will be turning 30 at the end of the month) Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end):  To avoid unwanted friend request, i will give this out in PM. Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like):  Personally, i have two. One is ranger 4 (Hunter)/ Fighter 5 (Battlemaster)/Rogue 11 (Assassin) the other is Rogue 3 (mastermind) / Fighter 17 (Arcane Archer) What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: Something interesting, and learning more about a world someone else created. Having played since my senior year of high school, i have pretty much touched on every pre-made setting Wizards has produced over the years since i started playing. How would you best describe yourself in a quote: "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best." Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Aragorn Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal: Salted Caramel, and Lion
Preferred Name: RIch/Jen Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc): he/she          Age:37 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): The arcane gnome#8227 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): I dont like multiclass  What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM: to be accepted and let me play my character how she should be played How would you best describe yourself in a quote: How do you want to do this      Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: My favorite would be mad martigan from willow Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal:   I like strawberry and cats 

Edited 1534540723
Sounds fun.  I'll bite. Preferred Name: Zack (or Solvair / Solv) Preferred Pronouns (he/she/etc):  He Age:  38 Discord name (including the 4 numbers at the end): Solvair#3984 Favorite multiclass to play (this will not necessarily be what you play, its just interesting to see what combos people like): I always like the idea of Rogue/Caster type.  The caster part would supplement and help the Rogue abilities rather than epic destruction.  I'm pretty flexible in what I'll play ultimately.  Most of my RPG experience is solo. What you generally look for in a campaign/playgroup/DM:  Being engaged and immersed.  Detail helps for this a lot.  Other players being interested and good cohesive group play/being on the same page-ish/not always antagonistic. A flexible DM who can improvise as needed and has a good sense of humor.  How would you best describe yourself in a quote:  Uhhhh - an actual quote or my own description?  Go with the flow? lol *shrug* Favorite fantasy character book/movie/etc: Been awhile since I've read any (usually audio) - Kingkiller, Iron Druid, Dresden Files, Gentleman Bastard -- Movies/Shows - Game of Thrones of course, mostly Sci-fi for movies - Arrival, District 9 come to mind Favorite flavor of ice cream and favorite animal:   Coffee / Dogs (Otters for non-domestic :D)
Thank you everyone who applied in this thread. The group has made their decision and contacted the relevant parties. If you were not contacted I am sorry but I wish you luck in your future efforts to find the right group for you.