Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add Reroll Misses mechanic

Score + 16

Edited 1534262070
In the Shadowrun Anarchy system, many of the game mechanics allow for the reroll of misses. None of the existing reroll mechanics in d20 support this. For example: Player (Mitch) rolls to attack with Firearms + Agility (10 total dice). He has a shadow amp that allows him to reroll up to 2 misses. Mitch rolls 10 dice (/roll 10d6>5): 5 6 3 2 2 1 4 5 4 6 . That would be 4 successes, 6 misses. Currently, he'd have to initiate a manual reroll of 2 dice (/roll 2d6>5). 1 5 . He got another hit, resulting in 5 successes. Currently in roll20, the reroll mechanics are: Basic Reroll: /roll 10d6>5r<4. This would not work as it would reroll all misses. Reroll once: /roll 10d6>5ro<4. Closer, but this would still reroll all misses once. Proposal:  Reroll a number of dice once: /roll 10d6>5rr2,<4 (Rolls 10d6, counts 5&6 as success. Rerolls up to 2 misses [any dice that are 4 or less]). It would have to check to see how many misses there are and if the number of misses is less than the target, reroll only the number of misses, not the target.

Edited 1534262127
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
As the Anarchy  sheet author I approve this post.  Edit : I also have some ideas how this would be useful for Shadowrun 5e and the Warhammer 40k Wrath & Glory game.
Slightly related and jumping on the bandwagon, being able to reroll, say, only the single lowest die would be cool and useful to a few systems.
Please need this, i work and macro and i can't reroll dice with a macro like that @{selected|character_name} ?{Jet de Compétences| Acrobatie,(@{selected|escape_artist}+@{selected|agility}+@{selected|wounds}d6>5| Armes à feu,(@{selected|firearms}+@{selected|agility}+@{selected|wounds})d6>5ro2d6<4} Maybe an other syntax exist to roll a bunch of d6 dice, count sucess and reroll 2 misses dice ? But i don't know her if she exist