Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need assistance with getting a macro to work!

Edited 1534261328
So I've been working on a macro system for my friend who's playing a mystic, due to their large use of Psi abilities - and I *think* what I have got so far is working. As in, the individual macros work fine, but when I nest them to keep them neat, it doesn't work as intended. Currently (As he only has 2 disciplines) I am working off of three macros: Focus-Choose Durability-Table Celerity-Table First is the simple Choose macro - which looks like this: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Choose your focus}}{[Iron Durability](!
 # Durability )=[Celerity](!
 # Celerity )}}   This is simple, it just whispers a table to the GM that allows the user to select whether they're focusing on Iron Durability, or Celerity. Let's say we pick Celerity - this is the code: &{template:desc} [[{{desc= ?{What would you like to do?|Rapid Step, **Rapid Step (1-7 PSI) As a bonus action - you increase your walking speed by 10 feet per psi point spent until the end of the current turn. If you have a climbing or swimming speed; this increase applies to that speed as well.**|Agile Defence, **Agile Defence (2 PSI) This turn - you can Dodge as a bonus action.**|Blur Of Motion,**Blur Of Motion (2 PSI) As an action - until the end of this turn - you are invisible while you move.**|Surge Of Speed, **Surge Of Speed (2 PSI) As a bonus action until the end of turn - you do not provoke opportunity attack and you gain innate climbing speed.**|Surge Of Action, **Surge Of Action (5 PSI) As a bonus action - you may dash or make a weapon attack.** } }} Here, this macro works perfectly well if I just run it from the macro itself, and it opens the dropdown, and when I submit it, it writes to chat what I'm using so people can understand. HOWEVER When I run Focus-Choose, and select the API button of Celerity, the selection box appears and I can submit my choice, but nothing is printed to chat; and for the life of me I can't find what's going wrong with it? Does anyone know what I've done wrong? The only thing I can think of is that the brackets I've used in the ability descriptions have caused a HTML error, but I'm unsure if that's the case, and if it was, what I'd have to do to fix it.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Instead of making these as global macros in the collections tab, make them as abilities on the character's sheet. Then you can use ability command button syntax, and that should solve all your problems.