Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ars Magica 5e sheets question.

I hope one of the people who worked on the sheet sees this, I was looking over the sheet and was wondering why there are 3 different columns for exp. And it seems when I try to update any of the 3 columns it doesn't change the score, but when you change the score it changes the exp, an explanation of how it all works would be wonderful, thanks.  

Edited 1534361822
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi Archereus,  I'm the main designer of the sheet and I'd be happy to explain.  The second and third scores are reference numbers for player's use. The second number lists how much experience you need to gain to get to the next rank, the third number lists how much experience was required to achieve the current rank. Originally, I was going to make a single experience field dictate the Score but when I polled people, about half liked the idea of tracking 0>next rank (ie, resetting xp score after every rank) and the other half liked to track total experience. Because this sheet updates an older sheet, I didn't want to make assumptions about what method people were using and so I just made it a quick reference. 
Awesomesauce thanks Richard T for the quick answer, I will keep that in mind.
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
No problem, happy to help. Hope the sheet improvements have made it more usable for your campaign.