Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking For Player - Role Call RPG Podcast

Hello everyone! We are a group of voice actors who got together and decided to share our love of role playing games with the world (yes we know Critical Role did that first, but we don't see anything wrong with following in the footsteps of our idols). Role Call is going to be a weekly actual play stream that will air on Twitch Sundays from 8PM to 11PM EST. Though we are looking for another female to round out our cast, we're open to everyone's applications. It's also highly encouraged to have a good microphone and an acting/improv/drama background, as you will be roleplaying as your character in their voice as much as possible. We also do the majority of our communication on Discord, so if you're picked for interviews, we'll do them on Discord. While this is definitely going to be an extremely fun game of D&D 5E set in a homebrew world of our own design, it is important to consider that we are intending turn this into a business opportunity. As such, you will be expected to make certain commitments to the project, including the production of bonus content for our future Patreon subscribers (which could include writing, or recording extra backstory bits and scenes). This is going to be a long term gig and if we do it right, we can all make some money doing something that we love. Our first campaign is called "Dying Light" (more on that if you get chosen to join the cast) this story will air on alternating Sundays. On our off weeks we are looking to provide one-shots or short campaigns using other RPG rulesets called "Side Quests". If this is a project that interests you, please post with your application! We look forward to hearing from all of you. For your application please include the following: 1. How familiar are you with 5th edition D&D? (Don't be scared of being a "newb" We're willing to teach you if you're a good fit.) 2. What sort of roles do you like to play? (This is not just classes and races, but also character archetypes like "hero", "damsel", or "comic relief") 3. What is your favorite game type? (Heavy RP, Lots of Combat, Puzzles, Political Intrigue, etc.) 4. Do you have any acting/voice acting/improv/drama experience? 5. Do you have a good microphone and a decent internet connection? 6. Are you consistently available on Sunday afternoons? Though it's okay to miss the occasional Sunday, this is a long term commitment, so we want you to know that. 7. Anything else you think might interest us in adding you to our group. (Bonus points if you are social media savvy or an artist who wants to contribute their skills to making artwork for the game.) Thanks, and we can't wait to see your applications! The Role Call Team

Edited 1534533400
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey there, I'm Mik Holmes, 29. This sounds really interesting! Here's my application below: 1. How familiar are you with 5th edition D&D? (Don't be scared of being a "newb" We're willing to teach you if you're a good fit.) Very experienced with 5e; I DM my own games via Roll20/Discord three times a week, have been playing/running 5e since it was Next. I've been playing RPGs for over 15 years, and DMing for over 10, including premium games here, and officially sanctioned games in FLGSs. Edit: You also mention one shots in other rulesets; I've got familiarity DMing 3.5/4/Pathfinder, and playing Rifts, Gurps, and Dungeon World.  2. What sort of roles do you like to play? (This is not just classes and races, but also character archetypes like "hero", "damsel", or "comic relief") Class/race I am fully open, though my preference is arcane. I tend towards comic relief type characters with a heroic bent, but we can discuss what kinds of character personalities would work best with the group. The concepts I'm thinking of right now are a sort of level, unemotional goblin (eg Ice Bear from We Bare Bears); an elven male Blanche Devereaux; or a brave but slightly simple-minded dwarven soldier. 3. What is your favorite game type? (Heavy RP, Lots of Combat, Puzzles, Political Intrigue, etc.) Any of the above, to be honest. I like having mechanics and combat be a large part of my personal games, but I imagine a podcast game would probably want to reduce dry mechanics for story and RPing. I try to keep my combat punchy and keep dramatic pacing, which I think would be helpful. 4. Do you have any acting/voice acting/improv/drama experience? DM for over 15 years, so tons of D&D-related improv, and spent a few years doing video game Twitch streaming with friends - though unfortunately no official experience in the matter. I've always been interested in voice acting, and have done some research on the business, at least. 5. Do you have a good microphone and a decent internet connection? Yes and yes, plus webcam if need be. My mic is my headset, but I also have a blue snowball mic if need be (though I tend to get higher quality on my headset actually) 6. Are you consistently available on Sunday afternoons? Though it's okay to miss the occasional Sunday, this is a long term commitment, so we want you to know that. I will be consistently available Sundays other than this week (the 19th). My current Sunday D&D group is breaking up after this week as a few players are moving away after that, so we've rushed to the finale of our campaign. 7. Anything else you think might interest us in adding you to our group. (Bonus points if you are social media savvy or an artist who wants to contribute their skills to making artwork for the game.) As I mentioned, while I don't have any official acting experience, I'm confident I can be a big asset. I know how games are run, and I know what's needed by a player to keep the game going smoothly. I can't do many accents, they inevitably turn Russian or central Canadian (though it worked out for a copper dragon, "oh hey there buddy, sorry if I scared you eh I just thought you needed some help with them orc hosers." We decided he was from the north.) - But I do know how to maintain character. I have both social media and illustration experience. I'm a contributor here on the Roll20 Marketplace doing map packs, and have a few illustration jobs doing art for board games. I mostly do maps and object illustrations, though I do character design sketches when I can (I have good enough taste to know that I'm not great at it). I run my own Patreon, and learned some social media promotional skills in college (albeit for game design, but the principles still work). I don't have any professional writing experience, but I have worked on a number of homebrew campaigns that I've wanted to publish (though I only have the word of my players that they're any good). I guess the last thing that'd be worth mentioning is that I think this is super cool! I've only recently gotten into things like Critical Role, Adventure Zone, and Dice Camera Action, and I've become addicted. I'd love a chance to meet up with you guys on discord and see if I'd be a good fit for your group! If so, shoot me a PM and I'll get you me Discord.
1. How familiar are you with 5th edition D&D? (Don't be scared of being a "newb" We're willing to teach you if you're a good fit.) I'm quite familiar with it with having 5+ years playing. I've dabbled in all classes so I can play any role in the party while staying within the rules and guidelines. 2. What sort of roles do you like to play? (This is not just classes and races, but also character archetypes like "hero", "damsel", or "comic relief") In all the games I've played, I've seen my characters no matter of class act more like a robin hood persona but also willing to sacrifice oneself even for an npc. I'm working on pushing from that role and seeking other personas if my true nature doesn't take hold lol. 3. What is your favorite game type? (Heavy RP, Lots of Combat, Puzzles, Political Intrigue, etc.) I've always enjoyed a good role-play game. Granted combat is needed but I don't think rolls alone should dictate actions to an extent. Willing to give examples if need be. 4. Do you have any acting/voice acting/improv/drama experience? The only acting/voice acting and such I have is the goofiness I've obtained while in the military and doing different voices for my nieces and nephews. 5. Do you have a good microphone and a decent internet connection? Yes and yes. I've had no issues with past and current games I've played so far. 6. Are you consistently available on Sunday afternoons? Though it's okay to miss the occasional Sunday, this is a long term commitment, so we want you to know that. I have every weekend off so Sundays are always available to me. 7. Anything else you think might interest us in adding you to our group.  (Bonus points if you are social media savvy or an artist who wants to contribute their skills to making artwork for the game.) No too much to speak of at the moment. I have some artistry skills but nowhere near are good your average Joe :P
1. How familiar are you with 5th edition D&D? (Don't be scared of being a "newb" We're willing to teach you if you're a good fit.) Recently got out of a West Marches style group that broke up. Before that was a regular session with a group before I broke it off. So I'd consider myself fairly familiar with resent experience on 5e.  2. What sort of roles do you like to play? (This is not just classes and races, but also character archetypes like "hero", "damsel", or "comic relief") The most resent one I'm carrying around is the Mischievous Villainess. I've also done the Stoic Soldier, The relaxed Scoundrel, The Wrathful Warrior, and the Old Soul Mentor just to name a few. 3. What is your favorite game type? (Heavy RP, Lots of Combat, Puzzles, Political Intrigue, etc.) I like lots of RP with moderate Combat. A few puzzles mixed in here and there wouldn't be amiss leading to ancient power and what not. 4. Do you have any acting/voice acting/improv/drama experience? Did some theater when I was younger. Also did some script reading to help my sire with the local church dramas he did. 5. Do you have a good microphone and a decent internet connection? Honestly I think my microphone is a little TOO good since it's picking up what was inside my headset. Few tweaks should fix it. As for the internet well... Roll 20 and Discord don't seem to get along but they can hold steady if I shut down a few dozen things in the background. Heh... Only have to worry about it going out during a Thunderstorm. Never seems to work then... 6. Are you consistently available on Sunday afternoons? Though it's okay to miss the occasional Sunday, this is a long term commitment, so we want you to know that. Yes though I will have to make a hard end at the 11pm stopping on occasion due to work... Unless I get Monday off. 7. Anything else you think might interest us in adding you to our group.  (Bonus points if you are social media savvy or an artist who wants to contribute their skills to making artwork for the game.) Not so much social media savvy as I am tech savvy making me a quick study in those fields. More of a writer in regards to the creative angle. I do consider myself an excellent mimic with an ear for accents which lets me copy just about any voice I've heard and a decent tongue for pronunciation. Also been told I have a wicked Joker laugh.