Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about fog of war?

I am running the war of the burning sky module, but I have a free account so obviously I do not have dynamic lighting. The problem is all the maps do not work with fog of war apparently and every time I try to hide a area it simply acts as if I have done nothing. Yes I have fog of war enabled in the settings and so far this is the only module I have had this problem with. I even started a new game and added the module to it and it still had the same thing happen once more. If any one may have an idea or answer please let me know it has me completely frustrated at this point. XD Thanks for any of your time!  
Also  would like to point out that I can make a new page on the same game the module is on and fog of war will work for that page just none of the maps that came with the modules will work with fog of war.?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you checked the opacity of FoW on the offending pages? It might have a default so low as to be invisible to the GM.
That is  what I was first thinking but even when I changed the opacity it remained the same, also when I joined as a player the whole map was revealed to me?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Screen shots?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Did you try Reset Fog of War on the Page?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In addition to re-setting Fog of War, this is one of those instances where it's really handy to have a second dummy account. Sign up with a second roll20 account, add it as a player, and see what that player sees.
Yes I did try and reset it and it is still the same. Also I did go into the game with my dummy account, like I said it's simply not working. If any one thinks they can fix it give me a pm and Ill make you gm of the game and what not.