Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Make a seperate forum for Paid GMing ads in the Looking For Group area.

It spams the board and clutters it up, and since the search function is absolute garbage with no ability to sort by latest posts or filter anything, it's impossible to get rid of them.
Yes. There are multiple solutions, but the idea is, by default, they shouldn't be shown. One idea is a separate forum, or a sub forum of the LFG forum. Either of those work. Alternatively, you could have a checkbox to "show paid games" (unchecked by default), and when making the LFP post, the paid gms can click "Paid Game" to mark it as such. This isn't against paid games. I don't really like them, but it's no skin off my back, except that it clutters up the LFG forum too much. I get that they buy a lot of modules, and thus benefit roll20, and we're not asking that you remove them, but a lot of users (which I hope will be reflected in the voting on this) aren't interested in paid games, and having the two groups post in the same forum leads to frustration.
Honestly, one of the best things they could do is make the search function worth even existing. Being able to sort by date, post count, relevancy. Y'know, basic functionality of basically any actual website.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Filtering that worked on those columns as well. That would be good. 
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is now done, and this topic can be marked as closed.
Damn, it only took four entire years.