Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Incorporating API functionality into Roll20

Edited 1534929204
Ray
Pro
Just an idea...with the many excellent API scripts that have been written by game users (Thanks particularly to The Aaron for his fantastic work), why not look at incorporating the funtionality of the API's into the actual Roll20 platform itself. That is to say, take the API scripts (with the permission and/or collaboration of the script authors) and actually make them a part of Roll20 rather than an "add-on". Of course, thorough testing and possible improvement to the scripts would be needed, but the donkey work in terms of conceptualization and initial code development has already been done. The functionality of these "add-ons" could still be restricted to paying accounts but it would mean that the existing API features would be "in theory" more stable. I am thinking particularly of API's such as !Torch, !Recursive Table, and !Hourglass to name just three. I am sure that these API's (and many others) could be made even better... Anyhoo...over to the audience...
So what exactly are you wanting? It seems like you are essentially asking that we (subscribers) be able to use API scripts in our games. We can already do this and many (maybe all) of the scripts you mention are in the one-click repository for games.

Edited 1534999670
Ray
Pro
I knew this idea was hard to understand *sigh*... What I am saying is...for API's that are used a lot...like !Recursive Table for example, make an update of the roll20 system to make the API functionality an inbuilt part of the game rather than having it as an external API... *hoping that made sense*
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .