Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player end turn button that advances turn order

Score + 134
Rigel
Pro
Marketplace Creator
As a DM, I an very frequently asking players if they are complete with their turn. Possibly a token action, or a button on the turn order(or where ever) to advance turn. Thanks, Fate's Jester
Would need some way to prevent misuse, such as only allowing someone who can control the token to push the button.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As a pro user you have access to the wonderful TurnMarker API script, this comes complete with end of turn options :)
Should be part of the base product tbh
im agree +1
Great idea!  Off the top of my head, my first thought is that you could work around this.  Make a macro for all players in their Macro Quick Bar that indicates that their turn is over (a simple emote would work, something like, "/em Done!")  The GM will still need to advance the initiative tracker, but it should speed up your games, as long as you can train your players to use it....  hmm... I think I am going to add this to my campaign now...
As some scripts have this function there is a way using the Api for it. But I don't know how it's done.
I am so very in favor of this.  I frequently jump the gun on assuming a player is done with their turn and would rather leave it up to them.
we need this SO bad
there is something like this already, its in the API. Use it every thursday and only the person whos turn it is, can click the little red button in the chat

Edited 1551381234
make macro put in /gr 1&{tracker:-} make macro on player's token's quickbar this gives a notice to the DM as it's technically a dmroll, letting you know that your player is finished, as well as updating the initiative tracker for the DM. one line of code, two functions. You can customize it to show you which player pushed the button by inputting , [Insert Character Name]: End Turn . since if each player token has it's own name embedded in the macro, it will tell you who pushed the button. or make one for yourself if you don't trust your players with this kind of power. make macro put in /gr 1&{tracker:-} click on a token, push macro button, rinse repeat. side note, your chat window might look spammed from the perspective of the DM, but your players shouldn't notice. it's a cumbersome workaround, and if you have access to the Pro API, use that instead, but this will get the work done. it only works on tokens already added to the tracker though.
Rigel
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hey all, thanks for all the ideas. I am PRO member, if someone could point me in the direction of the API script. I will try the token macro. Thanks, Jester Rigel
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
CombatTracker does this.
Just tried the "/gr 1&{tracker:-}" macro and that doesn't move the current turn order, it modifies the initiative number itself. Might be useful for systems where you spend initiative, but unless you can see all combatants on the turn tracker without scrolling, this doesn't help much. I didn't know you could apply modifiers to roll options, wonder what else they can do... Note that the &{tracker} roll option can be used to add a token to the turn order while setting its number (the reference example is " /roll 1d20 + 5 &{tracker} ").
Combat Tracker is in Roll20's API script library.
PsyberSouL said: Should be part of the base product tbh They could just make everything standard then it would be a free platform and they'd go out of business from the loss of revenue.  Why do so many people think everything should be free?  As a DM, I may not want the players to have the power to advance the turn order.  
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
Patrick said: They could just make everything standard then it would be a free platform and they'd go out of business from the loss of revenue.  Why do so many people think everything should be free?  As a DM, I may not want the players to have the power to advance the turn order.   This is a terrible reason to not innovate.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Stephen C. said: This is a terrible reason to not innovate. Only 80 votes over 3 years (one of which is mine) is a fairly poor reason to devote the work hours unfortunately.  If it ties into other development, they sometimes implement things that have a lower vote count... Otherwise, it looks like it will be a long time before this gets the 200 votes to even get a dev comment.
The API script Combat master does this. I use it all the time and the players end their own turns. If they forgot to do something and have ended their own turn already it is too late. Great script also shows who's turn it is and who's turn it will be next.