Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

51.4 - Last Tango in Budapest

Edited 1535164623
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Agent R is in jeopardy, perhaps more so than any time in her life! Her dance with Agent JQ was the highlight of the ball. All eyes were on the pair as they spiraled across the floor, the cold equations of grace and form balanced against the burning passion the two felt whenever they were close. The music had faded, and R had felt JQ's gentle hand at the small of her back, pressing her gently toward one of the shadowed recesses at the edge of the hall. R shivered in her gown, from anticipation rather than the cool air on her bare skin, but what she thought would come next didn't happen. She felt the familiar sting of a needle, penetrating a vein. Betrayal! Nobody but JQ could get this close without alerting her finely-tuned senses. She saw, through fear-clouded eyes, his dark and diabolical smile. This couldn't be the JQ she knew. What....? Another face appeared in her vision. She fought against the drug, but to no avail. "He is mine now," a woman's voice came, haughty and triumphant. It was.. Malice Chance! The Chinese super-agent, a pyrokinetic and criminal, who'd infiltrated the Garden once, then attacked the restaurant where JQ had almost proposed. R still remembers the lovely hand-wrought ring going up in flames as Chance's super-psychic powers had flooded over the room, and she'd only managed to save herself and her lover with the extra-large ice cream dish she'd ordered. Had Malice Chance developed telepathic powers as well? Was JQ under the thrall of this fiend? Or, worst of all - had R's adventures ended her chances with JQ after all, as she'd feared? Had she been jet-setting too often, leaving him in the lab one time too many? Had his heart faltered? She could hardly imagine, and yet, the doubts in her heart were the last thought before she fell unconscious. #Cutscene
I literally gagged in laughter at Malice Chance.  Perfect.  Absolutely perfect. Is that Summer texting Alycia about Nono's fic tumblr?  What did Nono do to Summer to deserve calling down this sort of fury?  I cannot imagine her being amused.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah, Summer's texting Alycia with that, and the reason is even in the text: "I haven't read through it all". She has no idea about "Malice Chance". Dave can quietly pretend this never happened if it's too much for Alycia to deal with (I can imagine a gamut of responses, though), but I thought at least us players would be amused at the idea.
Bill G. said: Yeah, Summer's texting Alycia with that, and the reason is even in the text: "I haven't read through it all". She has no idea about "Malice Chance". Dave can quietly pretend this never happened if it's too much for Alycia to deal with (I can imagine a gamut of responses, though), but I thought at least us players would be amused at the idea. Oh, greatly amused.  Hmmm, I wonder if perhaps "Alice" will give suggestions on how Malice could be a more effective enemy agent.  Interested in how Dave follows this up.
"
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
As it turns out, Dave nailed it.
I'm now starting a list of words I never thought I'd see Alycia use. Also, well played Dave.  Well played.
I'm still boggling over "Malice Chance." That's pure gold, right there.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Apropos of nothing but (a) the post title and (b) having watched Avenger  as a farewell movie with James last night: (Enjoyed the unexpected follow-up very much, Bill. Who'd have thought that Alycia finally going out on that date would have such far-reaching impact?)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
There's only one other place I know where to take this.
Heh.  It is probably just as well that Alycia has no idea of the fanfic ecosystem around her. (Ditto Jason.)