Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ctrl + L not working (but Dynamic Lighting Is)

Edited 1535362150
Hello, first time on the bug forum, +4 year subscriber of Roll20, and a weird bug. For some reason the Ctrl + L function for the Dynamic lighting isn't working, and it hasn't worked for about 2 months now. It's made setting up maps a bit of a pain in the butt. Dynamic Lighting still works, and if I log in as a player with my own token I can see it's working fine, but as a GM I can only see the slightly greyed out version that makes the lighting difficult to see. Running on Windows 10 and the latest version of Chrome. I have no anti-virus software other than the basic Windows 10 Protection installed. I do have extensions, but I disabled all of them to see if that fixed the problem. It did not.
Hi Westly, Mentioning of the "slightly greyed out version" makes me think that you may have Advanced Fog of War also enabled. If you reset the fog of war (via the top left toolbar) and try the "Ctrl+L" short cut again do you still run into the issue?
Fog of War was not enabled, but I did try enabling and resetting it to see if that cleared up the issue. No such luck.
What is the name of the game you are having this issue in? Does it still happen if you load up a new game and test it there?
Dungeons and Dragons: Classic. But I have checked with two other campaigns now, and neither of them are working either.
Hrm, unfortunately i was unable to reproduce the issue. Could you go ahead and work through the steps outlines below  of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeed in resolving the problem, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 . In regards to the console log, in the provided screenshot is the final error something that pops up as you hit Ctrl+L or was it there prior?
So, the weirdest thing happened. It just started working again. I didn't make a single change, didn't switch from Chrome, no extensions removed, didn't even clear my cache. But the session I ran last night, it was working again. I think it might just've been my PC acting up. It's a bit of a toaster. Thank you so much for all the help, though!
Happy to hear things are working again :) I will go ahead and close this thread, if needed feel free to submit a new thread with the information asked above. Happy rolling!