Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Journal Command Button Update

Edited 1535486914
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hey, all! We pushed out an update today that changes how the journal command button works. Please read the release note , or the wiki page for details on the new functionality. In summary: a backtick at the start of the URL field will send whatever is in the url to the chat window. Additionally, the text editor will not add http://  to the link anymore.
For those who don't know, a backtick is ` (on the same key as ~). I had to look it up myself, since I never knew its actual name.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you

Edited 1535508486
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Those with a more typographical background* will refer to it as a grave accent. ;) *i.e. me and probably six other people in the world   apparently Google and Wikipedia. (!)
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I *think* a grave accent is a different character, but I could be mistaken. I learned French before computers were ubiquitous, so my ability to type coherently with accents is strongly impeded. keithcurtis said: Those with a more typographical background* will refer to it as a grave accent. ;) *i.e. me and probably six other people in the world   apparently Google and Wikipedia. (!)

Edited 1535558458
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's the same character. Programmers often have different names for characters than typographers: "backtick" for grave accent , "hat" or "house" for a circumflex (or a caret, but they are used differently), "bang" for an exclamation point and so forth.

Edited 1536348510
Has this feature already been rolled back? When click on my backticked links I get a "page not found" instead of a whatever it is, that was behind the backtick. Example: `!rt /w gm [[1t[TTJ1]]] Edit: Okay...windows pop out. I see the problem.