Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Absolutly wrong behavior of macros interpreter

I thinked that my macros will work correctly, but what I had seen when activated it... It's nightmare for my as programmer This is small example: ?{Q| Test, ?{Q2|Test4, 6 |Test5, 7|Test6, 12} | Test2, ?{Q2|Test4, 8 |Test5, 9|Test6, 12 } | Test3, ?{Q2|Test4, 10 |Test5, 11|Test6, 12 }} Do you think that this macros will show you dialog with 3 variants and then second dialog with 3 variants? You think that this macros returns number as answer in all cases? If yes.. Sorry, you interpreter thinks differently.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you making the necessary character substitutions for certain characters? (not necessary for abilities, attributes, or macros)&nbsp; Otherwise the query will not work. Also, nesting queries require an extra level of substitution...&nbsp; Info on wiki:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Advanced_Usage_for_Roll_Queries" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Advanced_Usage_for_Roll_Queries</a> &nbsp;
So.. Everyone know about a bug, but noone wants to fix it? Seriously?! This is really easy to fix.
WolFGang said: So.. Everyone know about a bug, but noone wants to fix it? Seriously?! This is really easy to fix. Roll20 is looking for developers if you are interested.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
This is not precisely a bug, as it is working as intended even if that is annoying.&nbsp; If you would like to see this behavior changed, for your suggestions, we offer the Suggestions &amp; Ideas forum, which is based on voting from the whole community.&nbsp; Please review our Forum Voting wiki page for more information on how voting works, and our Posting to Suggestions &amp; Ideas section of the Code of Conduct . As this is a suggestion thread outside the designated forum, this thread will be closed.