Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Interface randomly reloads & becomes glitchy

As the GM, I've been working on a detailed map for a dungeon and the interface has just recently just started to really get glitchy. At first it was once every 20 minutes or so but now it can crop up within 5 minutes of use. It seems to be triggered by selecting an object on any layer (so long as I don't do that, it doesn't happen, so far at least. This is my map as normal After about 5 minutes of use, the Roll20 UI will reset or reload and I will get this for 2-5 seconds   After which point it loads back up but looks like this At this point, the more you interact with the layers, the worse it gets and essentially becomes unusable until you reload from the browser..  I'm using the most recent version of Chrome and Windows 10 and disabled all extensions. Cache has been cleared with no improvements.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Could you please carefully work through the first four steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache Please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log, starting from table loadup and progressing through one or two of the glitch episodes!) Thank you!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I have been experiencing this same issue in my games.(win10, latest chrome beta)  Guessing it started about the time of the ruler update.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Vince, you've been around long enough to know this part ;)  Similar issues can have quite dissimilar causes.  Please run through all four steps above and post your results to your own thread here in Bug Reports.  :)

Edited 1536276219
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
GenKitty said: Vince, you've been around long enough to know this part ;)  Similar issues can have quite dissimilar causes.  Please run through all four steps above and post your results to your own thread here in Bug Reports.  :) I know.  ;-) (of course I can't get it to happen when I want it to. lol) Will do thanks GK.
I'm having the same issue.  Switched to Firefox and it is running without incident.
 should add that it usually happens when we use dynamic lighting, after chrome updated
Hi everyone! Could you provide the name of the game you are experiencing this issue in? Does this seem to happen even in a new game? Are there any clear reproduction steps so that we can try to replicate the issue? Thank you!