Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Applying_Setting_Defaults_to_Existing_Content_In-Game

This used to work and no longer does for me.&nbsp; well, sorta.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applying_Setting_Defaults_to_Existing_Content_In-Game" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Applying_Setting_Defaults_to_Existing_Content_In-Game</a> When I create a new campaign, and want to edit the existing characters, i do indeed get a list of options, and if i click them it DOES apply them to all of the NPCs, so this all sounds great!&nbsp; except, the most crucial, Never Whisper Rolls, is not on the list! Help please?&nbsp; I dont want to have to change 208 sheets by hand.&nbsp; All of the other stuff i checked, DID apply so the core system works, I just dont understand why Whisper is missing so i cannot apply it to existing. thanks!

Edited 1536389104
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As a Pro user, you can use the ChatSetAttr script, which can make changes to all the characters in your campaign with a single command. If you can identify the attribute used for Never Whisper Rolls, entering a command like the following would update all characters at once: !setattr --all --ATTRIBUTENAME|NEWVALUE HOWEVER, test it with a single character first to make sure it does what you need it to. Making a change carelessly to all the characters in your campaign cant be undone easily. This macro will change an attribute for all characters linked to tokens you have selected: !setattr --sel --ATTRIBUTENAME|NEWVALUE Note: the attribute name does not have the @{} brackets. If you wanted to change an attribute named, say, Strength, to 10, you'd enter !setattr --sel --Strength|10 Hope this helps!
ive seen this mentioned several times but no one ever knows the Whisper to GM attribute =/

Edited 1536390042
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If youre using the D&amp;D 5E OGL sheet, it looks like you need to set the wtype attribute to "" (nothing). I think &nbsp;this will do it, but I'm not sure how ChatSetAttr handles empty values: !setattr --sel --wtype| Note that the | is the last character on the line: type nothing after that. If that doesnt work, try !setattr --sel --wtype|"" Try with one or two characters, and then if it works, replace --sel with --all. You can also check what wtype currently is by typing @{selected|wtype} in chat when you have a token selected.

Edited 1536390856
Success!&nbsp; I used !setattr --allgm --replace --wtype|="Public Roll" How did i know that Public Roll was a legal value?&nbsp; Well i couldnt find it documented anywhere, frustrating, but luckily i stole it from !setattr --allgm --replace --wtype|={Whisper?#Public Roll^#WhisperRoll^/w gm} from an old thread <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3737514/script-chatsetattr-set-character-attributes-via-chat-messages/?pageforid=4184521#post-4184521" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3737514/script-chatsetattr-set-character-attributes-via-chat-messages/?pageforid=4184521#post-4184521</a> How anagran found it is still a mystery to me, but it worked!&nbsp; thanks to both of you :D EDIT - upon further review, it looks like the valid options are actually "" or "/w gm" - i think Public Name is just display text not a value.&nbsp; So my solution worked basically by setting the value... to nonsense.&nbsp; I should have used your ""
Note - it still seems like a bug to me it isnt avail from Apply Default Settings, esp with that odd HTML fragment in the middle of the page
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I cant see the picture you put in the first post, but it does seem like a bug in the sheet that you cant set this the normal way.&nbsp; Anagran found it the same way i did, probably, by looking at the code of the character sheet on github.

Edited 1536393701
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
The easiest way to find this sort of stuff is using your browser's inspector function. For example, in Firefox, you can right click on the "Whisper Rolls to GM" option and select "Inspect Element": This will pop up an inspector window showing the relevant piece of HTML. If you expand out the "select" element you can see all the options along with their corresponding values (value="..."):
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It is a bug in the apply game defaults code. Since the never whisper value is “” (the empty string), the code checking if there is a value to set perceives if as “falsy” and doesn’t present it as an option. &nbsp;I’ve talked to the devs about it in the past so I know it’s on their list of things to fix.&nbsp;
thanks all!!&nbsp; wow what a great community.&nbsp; Also the inspect element tip is genius - im a little embarrassed that it didnt occur to me that the HTML values would be same as used internally by API, but of course they have to be!